A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
99627 tn?1301274552

24 weeks and in pain

Hello ladies. I am 24 weeks 2 days today and I am having some back pain amd cramping. I had similar pain last week and went to L&D, they checked and said I did not have contractions. My urine cama back with crystals in it. It still hurts to pee, but they did not do anything about it. Since yesterday I feel more pain. Now I am very worried about my back pains. Could this be preterm labor signs?.

Thank you.
7 Responses
210400 tn?1325384170
Sounds like a UTI, I would go back to your doc and ask for a test and some antibiotics, hope you feel better soon!
15480 tn?1302533402
I would call the doctor and make an appointment. It sounds like a urinary tract infection.  I had kidney stones when I was about 25 weeks. That was not fun. You should go and get checked out. Good luck!
99627 tn?1301274552
They said I dont have UTI, but I have crystals in my urine which is indication of possible kidney stone. What kind of test did they do to check for kidney stones?  Do you think that may cause all these pains?
Thanks
kidney stones can DEFINITELY cause the type of pains you have!  In fact, some people liken "passing" kidney stones to a pain comparable or worse than labor!
15480 tn?1302533402
Kidney stones are very painful. I actually passed them pretty quickly. I went to the doctor and they sent me to the hospital to triage. They said because of my past history of kidney stones and my symptoms they were pretty sure I had them. They sent me home and scheduled me for a follow-up the next day. I passed a stone the next morning.
15480 tn?1302533402
I am sorry I didn't actually answer your question. They will usually do a CT scan on non-pregnant people. They only assumed I had stones and sure enough I did. I passed them relatively quickly thank god! They will usually do a 24 hour urine and order bloodwork also.
99627 tn?1301274552
Thank you very much.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.