Women's Health: Postpartum Community

3 positive pregnancy test

Over the weekend I started spotting and since I did this with my 1st child I took a pregnancy test and got a positive result. I took another test that day just to make sure and got another positive. My period just came on 2 weeks ago so I am really confused. I know its possible to have your period while preganat b/c my mom had hers for 5 months while pregnant with me. Went to the dr today and took another test (with a very limited urine sample) and got a negative result. After leaving the drs disappointed and still spotting, bought after pregany test of a different brand and got another positive results. They did take my blood at the drs office so I shoudl know results by tommorrow but I am really confused. I have three positive tests but the dr telling me that their test was negative. I have stopped spotting since but I am still worried. Am I pregnant? Did I have a miscarriage? Does anyone out there have any similar stories. I am about to go crazy b/c we really want another child and have been trying for a year. It would be great to be pregnant but not wnating to get my hopes up too high yet. Please offer any advice. Thanks!
You know when I went in with this pregnancy it took forever for the test to show up positive and I had 2 at home positive.  The doctor told me that it was because there tests are cheap.  Your urine could have been really diluted as well.  Keep us up to date.
If you had your period just two weeks ago, you probably ovulate pretty early (like I do) and yes, it's possible to be pregnant. And since you're so early in your pregnancy, only the most sensitive tests can detect the low HCG level. And the test in the doctor's office probably wasn't as sensitive as the one you bought and that's why it came back negative.

Ask for another blood test within 48 hours after the first one, in order to make sure your levels double! That's a certain sign for a viable pregnancy. And I don't think that you already had a m/c. I had two and bled forever with both of them, plus I had a terrible cramping and was changing pads every 10-15 minutes.

Good luck!!!
I had several positives when I first tested and then after my missed period I wentvto my doctor to get tested and hers came out negative.  Then they told me that it was just as acurate as a home test, how my doctor and nurse handled it was inappropriate, they were rude and made me feel stupid.  Then they ordered a blood test to make sure (there are 2 types of pregnancy test one that detects HCG and one that tells the level of HCG, if it is <5 you are not pregnant), at that time becasue I am a RN to and have a little bit of knowledge about the matter I told them order a HCG quantitative (how high the levels are) and then to make it stat so I would have the results that night, I felt at that point they were not going to make be wait 24 hrs for result on one of the most important days of my life.  I rushed home and took another HPT and it was darker then ever and then 2 hrs later my result came back and I was indeed pregant and have been for 4 months. I also switched family doctors because of my experience.
It is definitely possible to be pregnant.  With that many positives it is probably a certain thing.  You could have ovulated early and implanted early.  You could also have gotten pregnant last month with twins and one of the twins miscarried.  It is rare but I have heard of it happening before.  Make sure the doctor makes sure your HCG is doubling.  Good luck!
With all of the conflicting hpt's, the only way to see what's going on is with the blood test results.  Make sure they get you back in for another test 2 days after the first one, to monitor whether or not the level is rising.

Good luck!!!
It is good that the Dr. did a blood test too, because their test could have been defective, or your urine sample could have been too little, or too weak. Bleeding during pregnancy is not actually a period, but can seem like it to some women. Bleeding is never considered normal, but in some women is completely harmless.