Women's Health: Postpartum Community

5 Week Pregnancy & Blood Levels

I went yest. for a vagina sonogram and could not see a gest. sac, but thickening of the uterus.  I just received my progrestron level and was 14.2 and HCG 1747.  Is this normal ranges for being 5weeks2days?  I going in for a 2nd HCG level tomorrow.  I have a history of miscarriages at 5-6 weeks, really scared.   Is it also normal not to see anything on sonogram with this level?  I had a very full bladder and have read, need to be empty, does that make a difference during vagina sono.  Sorry for the all the questions, this took us 4 yrs to conceive so I think nurses and dr. are getting sick of me too.  I can't get answers from them to easy, without 2nd hcg level and then I will not know til Monday, since weekend approaching.  Been on edge all weekend, normally take prednoise to support preg. and have took it early at 4 weeks with my other two children.  Thanks
that sounds really good. good luck
at 5 weeks with me they saw no sac but my hcg levels were really good, 900 I think they were

so I had anote hcg after 48 hours and it had more than doubled to over 2000 :)

So I had a scan at 6 weeks and saw a little sac but no baby yet

At 8 weeks I had another scan and saw sac, baby, yolk sac & haertbeat !!

I am 10 weeks now and next scan is at 13 weeks :)

good luck !!
Thanks!  That help knowing that!  I just a nervous wreck, hate the waiting game.  Wish sometimes we could speed up to 2nd trim. and then some of the worry behind us.  :)

Diane
Are they going to put you on progesterone?  My doctor said that 15 and above was good so yours might be a tiny bit low.  With my good pregnancy I had progesterone at 25 (with my early miscarriage before that it was 15 -- don't know if there's a correlation or not).  Not telling you to scare you because your hcg looks really good...you just might want to ask your doc about it.
Just received my HCG levels they more then double was 1746 Wednesday and Friday went to 4327.  Nurse said that was excellent!  I so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still say a prayer to God to make this pregnancy work and everything go great daily.

I did ask the dr. about my progestron he said he was pleased with that number and the normal range for 5-6 weeks was 12-20.  Next Wednesday go in for another sono, at 5 weeks didn't see fetus, but hoping to see something Wed. should be exactly 6 weeks then.  Baby dust to all!
Hi there,

I went for my first u/s last Tuesday and I though going by my LMP that I was almost 6 weeks, but the doctor could not see anything on my u/s except the sac. She said there is a 50% chance I might miscarry. We go back tomorrow, and I'm very concerned. I just hope we see something tomorrow. Good luck everyone. It's good to hear all of the stories, they give me hope that it could've just been too early.