6-month-old coughs all night-How can we all get some sleep?

lfb
How can I help my DD with her cough.  I have had her to the doctor 3 times for this cough and her lungs are clear.  She feels fine and doesn't cough at all while she is awake.  She doesn't even cough that much at nap time.  However, when she goes to bed at night, the coughing starts.  It has been this way for several nights in a row and none of us are getting any sleep.  I know I cannont give her any meds and I have tried the nasal drops and Baby Vicks.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  It is all because of the drainage.  She coughs until she gags and occasionally spits up after a coughing spell.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was just going to say Vicks, hmmm are you running a vaporizer? That would be a thought to keep the nasal passages open..
Helpful - 0
You can run a very hot shower for 15 minutes.Close the door to the bathroom.Then take her in the bathroom with you . She will cough badly for a few but it should help clear up the coughing. This can be done a few times during the nights and worked wonders for my kids when they had the cough.This is more concentrated than a warm mist vaporizer. Good luck to you.
Helpful - 0
you could try proping the crib mattress up so she is elevated.  
Helpful - 0
I know you said u use Vicks, but try rubbing it on her feet at night and then placing socks on. I swear by this. I even do it for myself.  My dd was doing the same thing and this helped her a lot.  GL to u, I know how hard it is when your little one is sick.
Helpful - 0
lfb
Thanks for all the suggestions.  I have tried most of them.  I have her bed elevated really high and I have tried the Vicks on her feet.  I haven't put socks on with it, just her footed pajamas.  Maybe the socks will help.  My DH will be out of town all week, so I just want to get some rest!! And I want her to get some good sleep.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.