Women's Health: Postpartum Community

9 weeks pregnant and short of breath

Hi all. I'm nine weeks with baby #4 and have been battling extreme morning sickness but also have shortness of breath and feel like have lead weights attached to my arms. I feel so weak and off kilter. My arms feeling so weak is whats getting me. Any one dealing with the same problem? Any suggestions?
I figured more ppl would have responded but since no one has I will. Yeah, in my early pregnancy I would get outta breath easily. It's the increased blood flow that's taking a lot outta you. The things to watch for is your heart rate. If your heart starts racing all the time then you need to say something to your OB. I had that problem in the beginning and they were going to send me to a Cardiologist, and they still might. I'm not sure. But a lot of ppl deal with being outta breath. I hated it. I felt like I was dying sometimes cause I would be trying to do small stuff and I'd get outta breath. As for your arms feeling weak I would say something to your OB. Also along with weakness in your arms watch for numbness and pain. If that happens then there is something neurological going on and your OB will recommend you to a neurologist. I had that issue come up a few wks ago, but I was lucky again cause it went away as well.
It is funny that you mention this, because  I have the exact same thing (I am 9 weeks 3 days today).  I just thought it had to do with the weight I had gained.  We live in a two-story house, and, going downstairs to do laundry, the bringing it upstairs to the bedrooms is enough to make me sit down for a few minutes.  Hang in there, I don't believe there is anything to be too concerned about unless our hearts begin to "race" constantly.
Have you had your first OB appt and if so have they done bloodwork yet?  I know being anemic can make you feel that way and it can make your pulse race.  Being tired always makes me more out of breath and early pregnancy is a time for being tired and your body adjusting to the increased blood flow.  
I was very out of breath in my first trimester.  I'm headed into my second now and sorry to say being out of breath doesn't go away.  I think it even gets worse because the body feels so heavy with the added weight.  I walk a block and I'm exhausted.  I'm a little less tired now but still I want to take naps during mid-day.  It just comes with the territory.
Thanks for all the replies. No, I haven't had any bloodwork done yet. I actually haven't had my first real appointment yet, I just keep going in for scans to make sure baby is ok. Baby is doing just fine now, and I go in for first appointment in a couple weeks, thats when I'll get labs done and everything. I have been really sick though, vomiting a lot and not eating that great since everything comes back up. I drank some gatorade for I read that my electrolytes may be out of whack but still have jello arms. Its such a strange feeling. I'm just looking forward for this first trimester to be over with its been such a lousy one so far. Its funny how they say you get that pregnancy "glow" about you. The only reason why I glow is because I'm plale white. I keep my hair pulled back due to possible contact with toilet water, and haven't tweezed my facial hair since week 6 and I'm starting to resemble my husband with a 5'oclock shadow. I'm tired of peeing my pants everytime I dry heave too!! Nothing glamourous going on here.....2nd trimester get here soon!!
Aahh, the joys of pregnancy.  If only men knew.  I know about that peeing thing.  I cough too hard, I pee, I sneeze, I pee, I laugh, I pee.  Not fun.  The 2nd Trimester will be here quicker than you know.  Try to eat some crackers or rice.  I heard french fries, although not the healthiest of things, sometimes does the trick.  You just need to find something that will stay down.  Good luck and it will be all worth it when the baby is in your arms.