A little scared now

Well, this past month my husband and i decided to TTC again.  We have an 8th month old DD who i had via c-section.  I was reading some earlier posts and saw where you need to wait a year before TTC after a c-section.  Is that year counted from the time of birth to conceiving, or birth to birth?  The reason I'm so nervous is because I'm currently two days late.  I was going to take a test today and thought I'd check the forum since I may be coming back to it. And I don't know if it matters, but I did have to have a verticle incision...which probably makes it worse.  I'm scared now that if i'm pregnant, my belly will "pop" open.
Has anyone had a c-section and got pregnant before the year wait was up?  

Thanks in advance
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i don't know what you are going through but you definelty need to remain calm, especially if you are indeed pregnant. if your dd is 8 mos old, considering you need a year in between births, you would be ok. if you should wait a year to get pregnant, well i don't know but this is something you should def. ask you doctor. i know i wasn't much help, i just wanted to tell you to relax and try to remain calm, stress isn't good on you or the baby, if you are pregnant. good luck and i will def. keep you in my prayers.
Helpful - 0
Just put a call into your dr.  They will be able to say if it is ok or not.  Just tell them you are TTC and you think you may have and ask about it being ok since you just had a c-section 8 months ago.  Good Luck to you.
Helpful - 0
Neer hear that--about having to wait a year.
Helpful - 0
Mine are 18 months apart which means I got pregnant while I had a 9 month old  all mine were c sections and Im still here to tell the story.
Yes If possible give your body time to heal, but things do happen.
With my first i also had infection in my incision so it did take longer to heal  but like I said I did get pregnant within a year.
I took us 2 years to have the first one and since we thought it may again we thought we would go off of birthcontrol BUT wrong I think it took us 2 minuetes!...lol
Helpful - 0
Thanks.  That puts a little rest to my thoughts.  I did call my dr, but I'm waiting on a call back.  Wonder how long that till take?  I really hope that we are pregnant...will go get a test when dh gets home from work.  We both love kids so much.  But after I got on here and read about waiting a year, I thought, "uh oh."  But now I feel alittle better about it again.
thanks again
Helpful - 0
My understanding is that waiting at least a year in between births really only applies if you are planning VBAC. With a vertical incision, that might not be an option for you anyway.
Congratulations! You might be scared at the moment, but think of how nice and close in age your kids will be!:)

Helpful - 0
My name is Holly. I am 20 years old. I am planning on going off the pill (i have been on it for 3 years now) in November. I hope to get pregnant right away so I can give the news to my in-laws and my parents as an xmas gift. Do people usually have problems conceiving the first few months they go off the pill? How does it work? I also want to lose weight before I have a baby. As it is I am not comfortable in my skin. If anyone has suggestions or would like to chat, please email me at butterfly_baybee2005***@**** I will respond to everyone!
Also, will you only conceive on certain days of the month? I can use as much information as I can
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.