Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

AF AFTER D&C

HEY GUYS IM HERE AGAIN..HAAHA KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS SORRY!
BUT I WAS WONDERING..AFTER THE D&C ON JAN 6TH AND BLEEDING FOR 2 DAYS..JUST YESTERDAY I GOT MY AF OR I AT LEAST I THOUGHT I DID..I HAD BLOOD TODAY NOTHING..ITS VERY LIGHT IS THIS NORMAL? HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED A VERY LIGHT PERIOD AFTER A D&C? AND WILL I BE OVULATING THIS MONTH? OR DID YOU?
THANXXX
10 Responses
126702 tn?1240891850
hi there. firstly i am sorry for your loss. The light bleed you are getting is very normal and is not a "real period" I would say. More like some shedding. I experienced this same thing. My normal period was 6 weeks after my D&C. I hope this helps. Good Luck
178239 tn?1277409091
I had d&c on 1/4, I had some light spotting then nothing, then a day later major af. Maybe it's not done yet? I'd use opks if doesn't start again to see. Good luck!
159354 tn?1286371288
I'm sorry for your loss.  Don't worry about asking questions...that is what this place is for.

I didn't get my AF until 7 weeks after the d&e and it was heavy...real heavy, so I just think everyone is different.

I wouldn't worry about it....were you going to ttc right away?
118074 tn?1228332603
Your bleeding is not likely to be your AF.  Your HCG level will need to return to 0 before you can get AF.
Did your doctor ask you to go back for a re-check of your HCG level?
I am sorry for your loss.  I had a d&c last Jan as well and I now have a healthy 3 months old boy.  Stay positive and baby dust to you!
Dolly
118074 tn?1228332603
There's no way to tell if you will O unless you start to take you BBT or get an U/S done every month.  If you are trying to get preggo, I highly recommend that you take your BBT so you can find out your pattern, better yet time your intercourse.
I had a d&c last Jan, had one af, start BBT, BD at the "right" time then I got preggo.
177663 tn?1213570387
I had d/c on 01/09 with bleeding for 1 week then spotting for 2 weeks.Starting Wed had discharge but a lot,then on Thurs and today heavy red bleeding only in the first half of the day then nothing at night.I am pretty sure it is af because 2 weeks ago my hcg was 2.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.