Women's Health: Postpartum Community

AF AFTER D&C

HEY GUYS IM HERE AGAIN..HAAHA KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS SORRY!
BUT I WAS WONDERING..AFTER THE D&C ON JAN 6TH AND BLEEDING FOR 2 DAYS..JUST YESTERDAY I GOT MY AF OR I AT LEAST I THOUGHT I DID..I HAD BLOOD TODAY NOTHING..ITS VERY LIGHT IS THIS NORMAL? HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED A VERY LIGHT PERIOD AFTER A D&C? AND WILL I BE OVULATING THIS MONTH? OR DID YOU?
THANXXX
hi there. firstly i am sorry for your loss. The light bleed you are getting is very normal and is not a "real period" I would say. More like some shedding. I experienced this same thing. My normal period was 6 weeks after my D&C. I hope this helps. Good Luck
I had d&c on 1/4, I had some light spotting then nothing, then a day later major af. Maybe it's not done yet? I'd use opks if doesn't start again to see. Good luck!
I'm sorry for your loss.  Don't worry about asking questions...that is what this place is for.

I didn't get my AF until 7 weeks after the d&e and it was heavy...real heavy, so I just think everyone is different.

I wouldn't worry about it....were you going to ttc right away?
Your bleeding is not likely to be your AF.  Your HCG level will need to return to 0 before you can get AF.
Did your doctor ask you to go back for a re-check of your HCG level?
I am sorry for your loss.  I had a d&c last Jan as well and I now have a healthy 3 months old boy.  Stay positive and baby dust to you!
Dolly
There's no way to tell if you will O unless you start to take you BBT or get an U/S done every month.  If you are trying to get preggo, I highly recommend that you take your BBT so you can find out your pattern, better yet time your intercourse.
I had a d&c last Jan, had one af, start BBT, BD at the "right" time then I got preggo.
I had d/c on 01/09 with bleeding for 1 week then spotting for 2 weeks.Starting Wed had discharge but a lot,then on Thurs and today heavy red bleeding only in the first half of the day then nothing at night.I am pretty sure it is af because 2 weeks ago my hcg was 2.