After a Miscarriage

Hi!, on January 9, 2008 I had a Miscarriage. I was 10 weeks pregnant.  It was devastating, I was in the hospital for 2 days. They performed a D&C performed.  I was late on my period and had pregnancy symproms again, so on February 14, 2008 I took a home p/t and to my surprise it was positive.  I was very excited, but on February 28, 2008 I started bleeding and I rush to the hospital, they performed some test and the blood test showed negative for pregnancy, they also did a, endo-vaginal ultrasound and it was no pregnancy.  It was just my period, it was very heavy for about 7 days and then stated to lighten up, today is March 17, 2008 and I am still spotting, the vaginal discharge is either pink or brown, I've tried to get an appointment with my doctor (OB-Gyn) but he is not available for another 3 weeks.  Is it normal that I haven't stop my period since February 28th?. its being 19 days so far I am getting very worry about it.  Please if someone has gome through this let me know.  We want to get pregnant again this year.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My cycles were really screwed up after my miscarriages.  I tend to bleed a lot with my periods anway but I bled and spotted for about 3 weeks with my miscarriages.  Sorry for your loss.  I am sure that the spotting will stop soon but I would call your doctor and explain what is happening and that you are worried and maybe they can get you in earlier.  It is normal to bleed for a while and your periods to be screwed up for a while though.  My first period after my first miscarriage (for which I had a D&C) was horrible and lasted forever!!  Good luck and here's to hoping you get pregant again this year!
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your post, I am trying to reach my doctor, I just started bleeding half an hour ago, I am very concern. Thank you for your good wishes.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.