A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Another 'joy' of being a mom?!?

Hi Girls...

So have any of you had stretch marks on your arm from holding your little one?

I was nervous when i looked down at my arm and noticed what looked like slashes...almost like i tried to slit my wrist...but up my arm.

My dh thinks it's from holding my dd (she is 14 moths)...
Could they be stretch marks from holding her?
8 Responses
175662 tn?1282213656
Not really likely unless they are just red marks that go away....

Real stretch marks are tears in some of the skin layers and requires steady pressure.  Have you gained weight recently?
Well i'm 5 months pregnant so yes...i have put on 10lbs since...
But i do notice that after i hold her, the marks do appear.
My arms are the smallest thing on my body too...so no, i do not notice weight gain there(more so the butt and thighs..lol)
175662 tn?1282213656
Do the marks go away?  
Hmm, never heard of it before.  How are you feeling?
they never 'totally' go away...but they are noticeably darker/more pronounced after i hold my dd.
I feel fine...it's just strange.
You know when you sleep on your arm and you may have indentations from a blanket...that's what it 'kinda' looks like...going across my arm...AND..it looks like i slashed myself....
very weird!
It 's only on the section of my arm where my dd's tiny hinny rests....
134578 tn?1578157483
Maybe from the zipper on her sleepsack?
177465 tn?1288238463
I had stretch mark looking things on my upper arms when I came home from the hospital after I had my baby!!! My arms never got any bigger at all and they were never there when I was pregnant. They lasted for about a week and then disappeared. It was so odd!
I have the same problem! I can't think of anything else it could be, they are only on the arm that I hold LO in. They are exactly as you describe, looks like I have slashed my wrist. He also has strained the tendons in my wrist - can't wait till he's walking!
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.