Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Another miscarriage question - Please help!

After the baby stopped growing at 7 weeks, I went two weeks with no symptoms of miscarriage.  One week ago, I started bleeding about as heavily as a period, and that continued every day for the past week.  Last night, I experienced severe pain, and I passed a lot of clots and bled a TON.  Then, abruptly, the pain subsided and the bleeding did not stop but declined significantly, and the clots stopped.  I thought I was done.  About twenty minutes ago, though, I went to pee and passed another large clot, and now the pain is starting again.  Is this normal?!?!  I'm freaking out.

-Alison
Yes, it can be normal to have stages like this.Your body may rest a while and then resume expelling things.
I am so very sorry for your loss. Not a fun time, I know.
But from what I know, it is quite normal for a miscarriage to happen gradually over a period of time like this.
I would probably let my Dr know, however. Always better to be safe than sorry.
You should follow up with your doctor as soon as possible.  I'm sorry you are going through this.
my 2nd m/c sounds a lot like that but i only bled for 2 days and then it picked up again with clots and more bleeding after a day or two of non-bleeding.

Anyway...I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's so hard.  I lost 3 this year and it's so painful, unimaginable pain for a mother.

My prayers are with you during this healing time.  

I would call your dr if the bleeding continues past the 2 week span
Welcome back Deanne11, I pray a lot for myself and I always pray for the people on here.  Someone was looking out for me during this pregnancy.  I lost a baby and then with this pregnancy I was in bad shape in teh beginning.  I truly believe that this baby is a miracle for surviving and you too will be blessed with a miracle.  Keep us posted, I have a family member who lost a few and then went on to have three healthy girls in a row.
Thanks for sharing, it's good to hear after multiple losses there is hope.  I sometimes feel doomed...like my princess is my only child and if that is the case...than I can accept it....but I love children...always have...I want more, lots more....of course at 33 I need to be realistic.  But I also know how grateful and blessed I am to have one.
That is EXACTLY what happened to me.  My dr. talked me through it on the phone.  I would play golf one day with NO bleeding, and the next day I would awaken with labor cramps and bleeding a pad every hour...which is ok, as long as it doesn't go for more than 3 hours that heavy.  I had a full six weeks on and off of heavy and light and non existent bleeding.  Then, it stopped for 2 days, and I started af.  7 weeks of bleeding, I swear that I didn't ever think I would be normal again!  Sorry you have to go through this, and now I have a better understanding of a D and C.
Thank you all for your insight.  I actually DID end up calling my doctor while all this was going on yesterday and he had me come in.  He did a sonogram and it showed that the miscarriage was almost done, and then he asked his nurse for some forceps (I think - something like that) and he basically finished it off.  It was very unpleasant feeling, but at least it should be done now.  The first night I had all the pain and bleeding, it was late at night, after my son was in bed.  Yesterday, though, since I'm a stay-at-home mom, it was just the two of us here, and I really didn't want him to know what was going on.  Anyway, thanks again.
I'm glad to hear everything is okay.  It's nice to hear you have a dr that is so open to you.  Many I've heard just tell people to wait it out and that can even be more painful both physically and emotionally.  I know after my last m/c I needed help.  I needed a full D&E and my drs were great about it.

Take care....wishing your lots of luck in ttc again and many many prayers that you will never have to face this heartache again.