Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Antidepressants

Anyone have any good or bad experience?Any that do NOT make you gain weight? Thanks! =)
20 Responses
I've been on Zoloft and it didn't make me gain any weight. Plus my doctor says it's safe to take during pregnancy.
anyone taken lexapro?  Does it make you gain weight or feel zombie like?
Heh.  I've taken them all.  None of them made me gain weight.  Prozac and Zoloft are the ones they have the most data on as far as not having negative effects on the baby.
Thanks guys! I'm just having a REALLY hard time getting out of this "hole" so to speak you know? My dear friend told me yesterday that she's prego w/ her 5th..it seems so easy for her..and she's like 42 years old...didn't even start till she was 38...WAH! i AM jealous..i'm 33 and WAS trying and just can't sustain the pregnancies..i just need something to level me out and i don't want to gain any more weight! i've gained ENOUGH! THANKS so much for your answers! ((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Stay away from paxil!  That made me gain a ton of weight.  Most antidepressents that I know of the higher the dosage the more weight you gain, but lower dosages can actually help you lose weight.  It's weird, but true.  Like prozac in lower dosages helped this coworker of mine lose weight.  I'm sorry you're so depressed!  I've been through depression, too... if you want to talk about it, I'd love to!  ***@****
Actually, prozac is a category C, which means they do not know if it has potential problems.

Fluoxetine (Prozac
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.