Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Any truth to Geritol and Pregnancy (thread # 2)

AF showed up tonight as i was getting ready for work so looks like i have another month ahead of me. everyone keep us updated! i am going to go purchase the tonic this go around and see if it may work better. i also read that false unicorn root is supposed to aid in fertility. not very sure how though. might be something to look into. good luck to everyone!!
I just found this thread. I looked for it earlier, but it just showed up. Sorry AF reared its ugly head. Sounds like we are on the same schedule. Mine started yesterday.  I started taking the geritol tonic yesterday. It is pretty gross. I just plug my nose and throw it in the back of my throat and swallow. I am hoping this works. I am also taking Evening primerose oil. I am willing to try anything at this point. I can't afford any more fertility treatments right now. It really sucks that my insurance doesn't cover it. There are only 13 states who have to provide fertility coverage. I had a thing sent to me saying they want to get a bill passed where most states would have to cover fertility problems because it is just as much a mental illness as anything else when you can't conceive and I totally agree. I wish somehow we could all get together to get something done about this problem. There are so many of us who would make excellent parents but we can't achieve pregnancy and then so many who shouldn't be parents that have no problems getting pregnant. Sorry I know this is supposed to be about geritol but I am just really upset that my husband and I have been trying for over 2 years and nothing, not even close. I feel better now. Good luck to you. I hope the tonic works.
Sometimes we just need to vent and get it out of our system! It's ok to get angry, upset, or even sad. I think it's healthy for us to express our emotions instead of letting it build up. You can vent any time on here. As far as the fertility thing goes, I agree with you. I haven't been to a fertility doctor and i'm not sure my insurance would even cover that, but i stand on the same side of the fence as you on that issue.

I work midnights so I haven't been able to get the Geritol tonic as of yet. I'll probably go this weekend. Haven't tried anything else. but i'm looking into alot of alternative things like acupunture, massage therapy, herbs, etc. i'll let you know what i find out. good luck!
Hi hunnie,i just found this new thread. Am sorry to hear af showed up.Just dont give up,keep trying.How have you been,sorry i havent been on here much,but i have been a little busy.Ave got an appointment at the miscarriage clinic for consultation this saturday.I just hope they can help identify the problem.Apart from ugly af showing up,how have you been?Good luck next time around.
Hi i just wanted to wish you goodluck while u are ttc,i hope things work out for you and your husband,u and everyone else who are ttc are in my prayers.
I've had to work the last few days. Thank you for your support. I really hope we will all get pregnant. It just doesn't seem fair. Well all we can really do is pray, hope and support each other. Did you get the geritol tonic yet? It is so nasty, but I have been taking it everyday and for the first time I'm charting my BBT's and not forgetting. I also purchased the ovulation predictor sticks. I really don't know what else to do except wait for a miracle. By the way the geritol tonic has 12% alcohol in it which is quite a bit. I wouldn't take it after ovulation and be careful if you take it before driving. It kind of gives me a buzz because I don't drink. Well God Bless and baby dust to you.
Thank you so much. I want to wish you luck right back. I'm really sorry about your miscarriage. My heart goes out to you and your husband. Just remember God is with you. Take care and baby dust to you.