Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
400885 tn?1297698918

At what age did you baby first start cereal/food?

At what age did you baby first start cereal/food?

10 Responses
127529 tn?1331840780
First one started at 4 1//2 months...wished I had waited...still dealing with food issues 4 1/2 years later. Second started at 6 months....will eat anything and everything nowadays!
I started my daughter at 3 1/2 months started with cereal pears and peaches. she loved it and is a great eater still...
134578 tn?1602101550
Per doctor's instructions, exactly at 6 months.
163557 tn?1244112942
I'm pretty sure our dr said 4 months...maybe even 3.  Our 19 month old eats anything.
It's not about then being good or bad eaters, the AAP recommendation is to begin cereal at 6 months. Research has shown that a baby's tummy isn't developed enough to handle food before 6 months and as a result of giving food prior to 6 months, babies have a higher risk of developing foo allergies, etc. Every current book, article, study on the correct age to introduce cereal/food will tell you not before 6 months.
My ped told me to intorduce at 3 months i was hesitant (SP?) at first and then about 3 1/2 months I started very little at a time she loves it.. so every Ped doctor is different my Peds doc. told me 3 months i can start my DD..
171768 tn?1324230099
I wonder why so many pediatricians don't follow the guidelines put out by the American Academy of Pediatrics?
638579 tn?1233014464
also babies will give you signs as to when they are ready for solids, they can hold their heads up, they try to sit up, they watch you eat. they don't push the spoon out with their tongues, their bottles don't satisfy them for long.
I started both of mine at 3-4 months.
Ava started out with small amounts at almost 7 months.  
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.