Women's Health: Postpartum Community

At what age did you baby first start cereal/food?

First one started at 4 1//2 months...wished I had waited...still dealing with food issues 4 1/2 years later. Second started at 6 months....will eat anything and everything nowadays!
I started my daughter at 3 1/2 months started with cereal pears and peaches. she loved it and is a great eater still...
Per doctor's instructions, exactly at 6 months.
I'm pretty sure our dr said 4 months...maybe even 3.  Our 19 month old eats anything.
It's not about then being good or bad eaters, the AAP recommendation is to begin cereal at 6 months. Research has shown that a baby's tummy isn't developed enough to handle food before 6 months and as a result of giving food prior to 6 months, babies have a higher risk of developing foo allergies, etc. Every current book, article, study on the correct age to introduce cereal/food will tell you not before 6 months.
My ped told me to intorduce at 3 months i was hesitant (SP?) at first and then about 3 1/2 months I started very little at a time she loves it.. so every Ped doctor is different my Peds doc. told me 3 months i can start my DD..
I wonder why so many pediatricians don't follow the guidelines put out by the American Academy of Pediatrics?
also babies will give you signs as to when they are ready for solids, they can hold their heads up, they try to sit up, they watch you eat. they don't push the spoon out with their tongues, their bottles don't satisfy them for long.
I started both of mine at 3-4 months.
Ava started out with small amounts at almost 7 months.