A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
142722 tn?1281533616

Baby got shots

My little ryan got shots yesterday and is fine.  No fever nothing.  No crying.  can he get a fever days later.  I just thought he would go crazy.  
6 Responses
192918 tn?1199451179
Both my dd's get fevers after their shots - and high ones too.  Theirs usually shows up the  next day...
127529 tn?1331840780
My first child only got a fever with shots after his MMR at 18 months. Both my kids have been absolutley fine with all their other shots, I usually give then a dose of tylenol about 1/2 and hour before we get them done, never any probs!
158812 tn?1189755826
I usually give Tylenol prior to shots, and after six months, I give them Motrin.  Frequently, shots with infants are worse for the parents than the child.  The five year old shots are the WORST.  Because they are FULLY AWARE of what is up.   Shots in general are just more difficult the older they are.
My dd got her 2 month shots on Tues.  I gave  her Tylenol as a precaution and she was fine, in fact she was calmer than normal and slept a lot for the 24 hours after.  She is horibbly upset today though, but I don't know if it has to do with her shots.  She got the oral rotavirus vaccine which is a live virus and she seems to have an upset stomach and is pooping more...possibly just a coincidence.  They said the virus will be excreted in her poop for 2 weeks so to be extra careful about washing my hands after I change her so I don't pass it in.  
142722 tn?1281533616
Ryan also got the rotavirus vaccine.  He got it yesterday.  He is 10w old.  I didn't know that it was in there poop?
Cameron does well with shots, he does cry when he gets poked, my first one just made a face, but never cried.  I give Tylenol prior to shots too, but really they aren't too bad till the 4 month shots.  He did get a fever the next day.  We also did the Rotavirus vaccine, my first son got Roto from the hospital when he had pneumonia, it's awful, the worst smell ever, and so explosive, plus they can dehydrate so fast.  Cam got the vaccine and then got sick with it a few days later, but not too bad.  They gave him another dose at 4 months.  His immune system is not completely 100% right now though, he's been having problems since the RSV at 10 weeks, so we have to be really careful.  I have hand sanitizer all over the house.  He'll be feeling back to himself in another day or two.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.