Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
478658 tn?1281385503

Baby's First Halloween....What is your baby going as?

Hi everyone,

So this is Reilly's first Halloween and he is gonna be my little turtle. I got the costume at Children's Place for only $22. Since we live in Florida, it's still hot in october so I needed to get one without sleeves and leggings. It's really cute!! Dh and I are gonna take him "Trick or Treat" ing together. I'm so excited :)

So what is your little one going as?
16 Responses
478658 tn?1281385503
I forgot to mention that he will be 8 months on Oct. 25th. How old is will yours be?
well, mine are both older now (still ttc, though!), and anyway, both their birthdays are in september so they were between 6-7 weeks old on halloween.  the oldest went as a jack-o-lantern, and the youngest was a ladybug. :)
150937 tn?1235947480
when my oldest was born in early Oct. that first hallowe'en he went as a bag of mcdonald's french fries!!!  It was adorable!  My 2nd ds was 6 months old and he was a dragon.  My dd was a ladybug and she was 10 months old.  This year, I went to Old Navy and they had a really cute pink poodle costume that she is going to be.
162279 tn?1270604959
Its Jamesons 2nd halloween this year. When he was 6 weeks on his first---he was a dalmation. This year he is going to be a pumpkin---because since birth, we have sung that song to him---"Youre my honey bunch sugarplum, pump-e-ump-e-ump-kin..." and he LOVES "his" song. And so we call him "Pumpy" a lot. So he's gonna be a pumpkin since he is our pump-e-ump-e-ump-kin. LOL
178590 tn?1294180367
they are going as 2 peas in  pods
172826 tn?1423426556
last year cameron was only 6 weeks old so i didnt bother even going out for halloween...This year i bought him this little outfit that's tigger it's like an outside outfit and so cute.. i will post pictures but anyways, instead of buying an actual suit.. everyone commented on this suit that who needs a real suit when this is perfect for halloween. I will do a few houses with him..maybe like 5 and that's it...next year will be different.. he is still young...speaking of halloween i need to buy my halloweenies candies and stuff lol
184622 tn?1258559967
AWWWW!  I love the turtle idea!  So cute!  My ds will be 9.5 months and he is going to be a pirate!  Although my husband will be out of town, I am taking him to a friends house and we are going to trick or treat there!  Cannot wait!
15480 tn?1302533402
Last year my dd was 6 months old at Halloween and she was a ladybug (along with the dog) and this year she is going to be a flower.
151154 tn?1208134182
This is Ayden's second but last year he was so little.  This year he is going to be a skunk because he's suck a stinker!
187233 tn?1271025763
Spencer will be 8 weeks old on Halloween and we're just going to take him to friends houses to show him off...he's going to be a little red chili pepper :)
151668 tn?1239924705
Levi was a Chic-Fil-A cow last year (which ended up getting us a free meal at the Chic-Fil-A we went to!). We took him in to have pictures made in the actual establishment and told the guys behind the counter to meet their new boss. It was cute. People who were eating in the restaurant were coming up to us with their cell phones asking if they could take a picture of him. He was a celebrity at 6 months! LOL

This year, I just can't figure out what I want him to be...and time is running out! I thought about making him a Muno costume, but he hates wearing anything on his head, so I'm debating on that. I'd also love to find a nice plaid shirt and a HUGE belt buckle so he could be a cowboy. :-)

I'm hoping to dress as a Magic 8 Ball since my belly will be large enough with the pregnancy this time (last time I wasn't quite big enough during October).

147929 tn?1294855322
Jillian will be 21 weeks and she is going to be a monkey - for some reason I started calling her monkey a while ago and it has stuck, so my mom found a monkey costume - it is too cute  :)

(I think all the Fisher Price Rainforest stuff is the reason for me calling her monkey....)
carmine will be a pumpkin its soo cute its the round pumpkin bright orange and the hat and shoes its so cute i have to get him a black sweater for underneath i already have black pants, his first birthday is november 1st day after halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!! his bday party will be on the 3rd.
478658 tn?1281385503
How cute!!! I love to see little babies dressed up in costumes! I just made an appointment to get his halloween portrait and a family portrait done on the 24th! Can't wait!
218870 tn?1240259255
I saw that turtle costume!  I love it!  I was going to get it for AJ, but for his birthday his aunt got him a dragon costume from old navy.  It is cold here on halloween and it is very thick...plus I needed to show them pictures.  Otherwise AJ would have been that turtle.  I am sure your baby will be so adorable!
212720 tn?1304379015
Quinn is going as a devil. It will not be a major stretch for her since she is a little demon.

We have an outfit, horns, tail and a pitchfork. We are gonna plop her in her all terrain red ryder wagon and around the neighborhood we will go.

She will be 22 months for this trick or treating. Last year we did not go as she did not have teeth so no candy for her. She did help hand out candy last year though.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.