Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Barium Test during early day or just start of pregnancy

My wife had a Barium X-ray test for her stomach related issues on the 20th day from the first day of her last period. Few days Post test we got to know that she is pregnant. We are not sure whether we had intercourse prior to barium test which led to pregnancy but are sure about intercourse post barium test which was 21 day from first day of period..
My question is Can we figure out exactly when fertility has started ?? In our case whether pre- or post barium x-ray test....
what effect barium test have on egg which is in process of getting fertile ??
Does egg fertility happens on 21 day??
Pls advise...
1 Responses
4268628 tn?1375044776
That's a really tough question.  We ovulate at different times. Most average is b about 10 days after period ends, but some women don't ovulate until way later. The best chance of finding out will be with the first ultrasound where they can figure it out by the size of the baby afternoon the sac development.  Sorry I can't help with a more cut n dry answer.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.