Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Birth Story and RRL Tea

I'm barely on here anymore, but I wanted to let everyone know that I had my baby girl on Nov. 16.  She came 12 days early and she's just perfect.  (Well, last night was rough, but she's perfect, nonetheless!)

I also wanted to share my experience with using red raspberry leaf tea b/c that seems to get asked about a lot on here.  I drank about 2-3 cups a day starting at the end of my second trimester.  (I know some women drink it all through pregnancy, but I waited until I felt I was in the "safe" period.)  My water broke at 1:30 p.m and my baby was born at 1:32 a.m. so I had a total labor of 12 hours.  I didn't even start feeling contractions until about 4 hours after my water broke, and they didn't become painful until about 9:00 that night.  I labored at home with my DH and doula until about midnight.  I arrived at the hospital at 12:30 a.m. where they found that I was fully dialted.  An hour later my baby girl was here.

Now, I won't say that labor wasn't hard, especially pushing, but it was no where near as intense as I expected.  I felt like all of my contractions were managable and I never got any of those signs that I was getting close to transition.  (Thank God we had our doula with us b/c if we had waited for the classic signs we would have had her at home!)  Anyway, I may just be one of those lucky women, but I really have to give credit to the RRL tea.  If anyone is wondering if they should try it, I say YES!!  

Good luck to all the TTCers and those waiting for baby's arrival!
I appreciate hearing your story, and congratulations!!!  But what is red raspberry tea supposed to do?  Ease pain?  Bring on labor?  Or what?
So glad to hear everything went so well! CONGRATS on your sweet baby girl! What is her name, if you don't mind sharing?
Where do you get red rasperry tea and what is it suppose to do?  Congrats on your baby and easy delivory!
CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!  Thanks for all of your great advice over this year and I wish you a nd your family all the best!
Melanie
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What is her name???
Congrats on your healthy baby girl!  I too was wondering what the benefit is for drinking red raspberry tea.  Do you get it at a health food store?
Oh, my brain is still not back.  Her name is Simi (rhymes with Jimmy).  Middle name is Ella.  Simi is short for Similoluwa, which is Nigerian for "rest assured in God".  When I used to teach preschool I had a little girl in my class named Similoluwa and she went by Simi.  I always liked the name and when we found out the meaning we thought it was perfect.  Of course, we kept to the short version b/c the whole name is too long and difficult.

RRL is used to strengthen and tone the uterus.  It does not bring on labor, or make labor pain free.  It just helps you to have very productive contractions so that labor is shorter.  You can also take it when TTC b/c it helps the uterus support implantation.
Hmm...interesting.  I truley do believe in natural herbs, etc. helping with everyday ailements.  I'll have to give it a try.  It can't hurt
Oh, I like her name, very different, but very pretty! Congratulations again! : )
CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!!!

Welcome to the world Simi (love her name)...

I am so happy that you had a wonderful experience.. enjoy your precious little girl.. :)

Love
Staci
Congrats on your new blessed one.  I love the name, glad you shortened it, lol.  Its different and the meaning is beautiful.

I have been TTC and have been taking red raspberry leaves capsules for about 3 months.  I went to a natureopath.  He recommended taking two capsules in the morning and two in the evening.  The capsules are 360 mg each.  I use Nature's sunshine vitamins they are really good and more potent and purer than most.  The Red Raspberry leaves are suppose to strengthen, support, and make the uterus stronger. I spoke to my OBGYN about them and she said she believes they are good to take and sure would not hurt.  Take them while TTC and all the way through pregnancy. A bottle of 100 cost me $15.00.

Blessings!
Congrats and thanks for the advice.  Simi is such a beautiful name!
congrats!!!!  I love the name Simi!!!  I drank RRL the last trimester.  So funny because my labor was only about 3 1/2 hrs and the first thought was "wow, i could do this again"...even though it did hurt like a bleep!!!
Congrats, I am so happy to hear that things went well.
What a most beautiful name.. congrats!!