Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Bizarre blood type reading?

During this last m/c, when they tested my blood for the hcg level, they did a blood typing too, and reported it as O+. I looked back through the labwork for my first m/c (from a different lab) and it said I was A+. I asked the new lab to redo it with new blood, and they again came back O+. I called the first lab and they have no idea how it could have happened. Has anyone ever had an experience like this?
3 Responses
HONESTLY HUN, THEIR ARE JUST SOME PEOPLE THAT DOESNT EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO THINGS THESE DAYS "DOC,NURSES, ALL OF THE" AND THEY COULD HAVE MISTYPED IT TO BEGAN WITH OR USED ANOTHERS BLOOD TYPE AS YOURS I HAD A DOC TELL ME ONCE I HAD A CYST ON MY RIGHT OV BUT IT WAS MY LEFT..................
people are human and humans make mistakes. however, also being an o+ myself, i would be aware of your labs and make sure they know you are O......beings that O is the universal donor but can only receive from itself. in other words had you needed blood and someone relied on the first blood result they might have killed you.
:O) i loved genetics in school!
~nanci
Thanks guys. I am certainly glad that the incorrect test wasn't before a transfusion (either me giving or receiving.) The experience really makes me determined to always get a second opinion.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.