Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Bizarre blood type reading?

During this last m/c, when they tested my blood for the hcg level, they did a blood typing too, and reported it as O+. I looked back through the labwork for my first m/c (from a different lab) and it said I was A+. I asked the new lab to redo it with new blood, and they again came back O+. I called the first lab and they have no idea how it could have happened. Has anyone ever had an experience like this?
HONESTLY HUN, THEIR ARE JUST SOME PEOPLE THAT DOESNT EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO THINGS THESE DAYS "DOC,NURSES, ALL OF THE" AND THEY COULD HAVE MISTYPED IT TO BEGAN WITH OR USED ANOTHERS BLOOD TYPE AS YOURS I HAD A DOC TELL ME ONCE I HAD A CYST ON MY RIGHT OV BUT IT WAS MY LEFT..................
people are human and humans make mistakes. however, also being an o+ myself, i would be aware of your labs and make sure they know you are O......beings that O is the universal donor but can only receive from itself. in other words had you needed blood and someone relied on the first blood result they might have killed you.
:O) i loved genetics in school!
~nanci
Thanks guys. I am certainly glad that the incorrect test wasn't before a transfusion (either me giving or receiving.) The experience really makes me determined to always get a second opinion.