Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Bleeding after miscarriage

I miscarried on 10/27 at 8.5 wks along. It was a "natural" miscarriage. My question is this - I've been spotting ever since!  over a month now!  is that normal?

3 Responses
117004 tn?1218645144
spotting is ok.  if you are worried i would talk to your ob/gyn about it.  If anything they may want to do an u/s to make sure everything has been expelled.. If there is some tissue left over than they may want to do a D&C.

i am so sorry for your loss...
They say expect anywhere from 14 days - 40 days.  Do get an US to make sure all is out.  i bled with both my mc's, about 20 or so days.  Did not have a d&c.  

Get checked out to make sure.

Good luck and I am so sorry for your loss.
Im 16. i just started having sex. i feel nauscious at times and today was the sixth day i was late for my period and i started bleeding finally. i have been worried about being pregnant for a few weeks now b/c i know i had intercourse w/out a condom when i was ovulating several times. i took a test at the health deparment two days ago when i was four days late. it was negative they say u should b 5-7 days late for those tests to be accurate..i have no clue. but i still FEEL pregnant. i havent gotten a home pregnancy test yet b/c my mom wants to believe that im not pregnant. so she just wants to drop the subject. my period has NEVER been irregular. im on a 28 day cycle and its always 5-7 days long. why am i bleeding? is it my period. how can i know when i cant get a test right now. should i believe the health dept? and not even think about it. or should i b precaucious b/c the possibility could still be there. i dont know anything about sex or irregular periods. two weeks about i was spotting w/ dark brown blood that was like discharge and then it became blood for about two days. was that my cherry? am i having a miscarriage or could i even be pregnant? i have so many q's. and if u tell me something i'll probably have more for you. please tell me any information u have. im not fond of opinions. ive been hearing those for the past three weeks. i eat more often and pee more often. could my nerves be driving me to believe it? my stomach hurts but i know at a few weeks from conception it wouldnt b bothering me anyways.............. help

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.