Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Breastfeeding with implants

I have have had implants since 1999. They are under the muscle put in from the armpit. Does anybody have any experience with breastfeeding with implants like that?
How far along are you?  I already have colostrum coming through, my implants are under the muscle as well.  I have been told that I should have no problem breastfeeding.  I guess I will find out very soon.  =)
in my breastfeeding class they said that most women who have implants dont have a problem with brestfeeding. but for those who have had something reconstructive or something like a reduction have more of a issue with it. i dont kno if thats the case but good luck
I got my implants in 2000 and I had a daughter in 2006. Mine were under the muscle as well and I had no problems whatsoever producing milk and breastfeeding my DD.  I am due in April with my second DD and I am going to breastfeed again, in hopes that everything goes as smoothly as it did with my first.  I did at one point have trouble producing enough for her, but I know a lot of it had to do with how I was eating and how I was drinking.  I was sooo busy I didn't have time to always sit down and cater to myself, when you should especially if breastfeeding.  So this time I am going to make time for myself to make sure I stay on top of things so I can have the opportunity to produce more. Good luck;)
I was a virtual milk machine with my first two kids prior implants and went from a small c to Double D's in no time. Since my skin was so stretched out - the D implant was a natural fit. I'm not naive but but being 17 weeks pregnant my breast are starting to grow and I don't want to look like a porn star or one of those Massai warrior women once the milk is gone. What happens to the breast afterwards? Do they look like &%$#?
Mine didn't really do much afterwards.  I thought for sure they would look horrible, but to be honest they didn't.  But I know for sure this time they will, so I am already planning to have mine redone after I get done breastfeeding.  My DH and I have already talked about not having anymore, but until I know he is so sure about this I won't get them done.  I thought they might have gotten smaller, but he says they look the same and still are in the same position as before.  When they got big they seemed to sag more of course, and this time they are doing the same, but I am hoping they will go back just for awhile until I can decide on what to do.  But again, my breasts were tiny before I had the implants put in and I didn't have much skin then back when I was 18, so I only went up from an A to a small C and then a D when my milk came in.  Afterwards, they went back to a small C again.  HTH