Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Breech baby

I'm 23 weeks pregnant and I was in for my 20 week ultrasound 2 weeks ago. Baby was breech and they couldn't get all of the pictures due to positioning, so I had to go back yesterday. Well, baby is still breech and they said the positioning of the baby was exactly the same and had a hard time getting the pictures again! The ultrasound was really uncomfortable and the tech said that my baby was stubborn and wouldn't move. Does this mean that the baby hasn't changed positions for 2 weeks? Should I resign myself to a c-section? Anyone have good c section stories. I really am very nervous and scared about the surgery and I was running and exercising a lot before pregnancy and very active. When would I be able to resume running? I'm just afraid that since the baby hasn't moved in 2 weeks that it won't at all as the weeks progress.
Dont worry so much.. you are barely past the half way mark!!  The most important question is have you felt your baby move?? You should be able to feel when s/he does a twist.  Your previous exercise doesnt have anything to do with the baby's position.  Your dr.s probably wont recommend running again until after the baby is born.  BUT i was at the gym once and i saw a very pregnant lady getting very sweaty on the oliptical.. So i am sure you can do what is comfortable for you.. Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS on your healthy baby!
Do not worry, my son was breech up to 30 weeeks, then he turn suddenly, don't rush him/her, he/she will turn in their own time, just sit back relax and enjoy your pregnancy, I ended up having a C-section but it was because I had 2 previous, because of CPD, pelvic disformation, good luck, take care, God bless you.
It's way too early to be thinking c-section.  Those babies move and twist all on their own, the baby probably likes that position but has probably turned alot between those times.  I was a c-section baby and was completely turned the right way until a day or two before my mom had me, so it can go either way.  I think you will be fine, try not to worry about it.
Thanks for the info. does anyone know how long recovery will take with a c-section, meaning how long until I can resume exercise? I just have a feeling that since we had a hard time getting the pictures both times, that baby doesn't like to move very easily.
Also, this whole thought of a c -section has made me depressed. All of a sudden I can't stop crying. Is this the hormones kicking in. Does anyone ever just feel sad here in there during pregnancy. I feel bad because I can't stop worrying about my pregnancy and it's been hard to enjoy. I fear that I won't feel better until I'm holding the baby in my arms. Sorry, I'm just so emotional!
I am not a mom, but my friend had a C-section on 11/30.  If you are physically fit you should have an easier recovery time.  My friend's trainer told her NO AB EXERCISES for at least 6 months.  a C-Section is a MAJOR abdominal surgery and you dont want to risk hurting yourself.  Take the time after birth to enjoy your new baby and once you feel good again start exercising.  Invest in a nice jogging stroller and start slow.  You may not even have to worry about all this.. Your body will definately let you know if you are doing too much!
my sisters 2nd son was breech.They tried to turn him from the outside, which she said was a bear and hurt like crazy, she found out he was breech at her 26 week ultrasound and he never turned back, so she ended up having a c-section, she was very disappointed, but you have to do what you have to do. She's very petite, and pretty fit so her recovery wasnt too long... I agree with the other posters, it is pretty early still, it may turn right side up..chin up, good luck
I had 3 c-sections, no big deal. Would do it again in a half a heart beat. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, my first baby was breech at 39 weeks and flipped before I went into labor at 41 weeks. I wound up having a c-section because of failure to dialate (sp??) and my contractions were causing her heartbeat to drop too low. My next 2 c-sections were my choice, I decided to stick with what I knew wasn't so bad, instead of risking going through a terrible labor again just to wind up with the same problem....

If you do wind up with a c-section, just make sure you get up asap and walk. and for god sakes accept the drugs!!

Also, they have ways of turning babies, some kind of massage or something. ask your doctor about it if you're still concerned when you're closer to delivery.
So your c-section recoveries were not bad? Will I be able to walk right away (meaning around the house, up and down stairs, in and out of bed)? I had my appendix out years ago and I remember that I couldn't stand up for a few days and I know c section is a much bigger deal. Do you suggest walking or mild exercise for as long as I can while pregnant?
Sounds like you are quite fit. I had c-section and nurses were amazed as I was up and cleaning my hospital room on day 2 (and I'm not that fit lol!). At my 6 week post partum visit my OB ok'd me to conceive again so I'm thinking exercise is probably ok as long as no complications. As far as needing a possible cs, don't worry, once you have that little bundle of joy in your arms it dosen't matter anymore HOW they got here just that they are here!
MY C SECTION WAS WAY EASIER THAN MY REGULAR BIRTH.  I COULD USE THE BATHROOM IN DECENT COMEFORT TOO.  BABY MIGHT STILL TURN, THEY SHOULD KEEP AN EYE ON IT FOR YOU.  GOOD LUCK.
I wouldn't worry about the position.  Babies move all the time.  You could have  the baby head down, and have it turn breach right before delivery or vice versa.  And don't be so afraid of a c-section.  I wish I had had one.  I delivered the old fashioned way, and my bladder and ab muscles have never been the same.  If I had a choice and could do it again, I would have had a section.