CAN U HAVE A HEALTHY PREG, IF U GET PREG. RIGHT AWAY AFTER MISCARRIAGE?

Hello, I had a miscarriage on July 7,2009... I was 7 weeks into my pregnancy.  What i want to know is, if there are any woman here who had a miscarriage conceived right away and carried the pregnancy full term? and had a healthy baby???  what are the odds of this happening? when all the doctors say your chances of having another miscarriage are high if i get pregnant right away ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sorry about your loss.  You can def have a healthy pregnancy immediately following a m/c.  I am currently 39w 3d with a child conceived right after miscarrying, with no period in between.  

I think one of the main reasons doctors tell you to wait is so they know the date of your last period in order to date the pregnancy and establish an accurate due date.

Good luck, whether you decide to try again right away or wait awhile.  It is hard NOT to worry after a m/c, but like 2ndBaby said, the odds are in your favor. = )
Helpful - 0
I miscarried Dec. 22 and found out I was pregnant again near the end of January.  My doctor had advised me to wait one cycle for the purpose of dating a future pregnancy, but it didn't work out that way.  I was very emotionally stressed during the first half of the pregnancy, even though my doc said that I was no more likely than anyone else to miscarry again simply because I had once.  I have a healthy little boy as a result of this pregnancy.

I'm sorry you miscarried-good luck to you.
Helpful - 0
i had one d n c at 6 weeks got pg 2 months later passed that one on my own at 6 weeks. i was told to wait a few months but got pg again b4 a period. im now 17 weeks with a healthy baby.
Helpful - 0
i passed both on my own. and got prego right after my first period. my sis on the other hand had a d&c. they told her to wait three months but they ended up preg within a few weeks and she has had avery healthy pregnancy. she is being induced on the 12th and my due date is oct 6th!
Helpful - 0
so good to hear both the negative and the absolute positive stories! so happy for you..but my question is w/ all of your mc...did you pass them on your own, or did any of you have d&c and then get pregnant right away? i know it is kind of personal....but i know w/ d&c's you have to wait a little longer b/c of infection! Congrats to the newewst babies coming and for all of us as well!! prayers and babydust to all! =)
Helpful - 0
i think when ur emotionally ready and ur body feels physically ready! good luck to you! Hang around and keep us posted there is !
Helpful - 0
Congratulations to the both of you on your healthy pregnancies its great to hear successful stories.  As for me, well i already have a daughter 5 yrs. old i gave birth to in 2004 of May so the doctor told me there's nothing wrong with me that in most cases the body aborts the fetus when there's something wrong with the fetus.  I am more than willing to try again b/c i'm sooo eager to have a li'l boy and hoping that when i do get pregnant that i'm blessed with a boy, however i'm trying to get the timing just right.....IS THERE SUCH THING AS GOOD TIMING WHEN IT COMES TO GETTING PREGNANT AFTER A MISCARRIAGE???
Helpful - 0
i found out i was pregnant feb 17 miscarried march i was i think 7 weeks then april 18th found out i was pregnant again was very scared i was going to m/c again but i am 19 weeks and 2days and they say everything is great with my lil boy we didnt even have one normal cycle before trying again so it was a big suprize good things come in all kids of packages im just blessed to be able to have another
Helpful - 0
i know its hard. my doc told me to wait til i had one normal period. and i did that all three times. she said the m/c's i had were basically flukes. that there was something genetically wrong. My sis's doc told her to wait til she had three normal periods but they werent careful enough and got pregnant literally right away within a few weeks. It is very scary but i wanted to be pregnant so bad i was willing to go through what i had to. Everything happens for a reason and we arent given anything we cant handle. it was the hardest few months of my life but its all worth it knowing im going to have my little boy in a couple of months! keep ur head up and stay strong
Helpful - 0
I'm eager to get pregnant again but it's only been like 2 weeks since my miscarriage and i'm very afraid to get pregnant and have another miscarriage, i couldn't go through that again it was too devestating and i don't want to go through that emotional pain again.
Helpful - 0
i got preg in aug had a m/c in sept and got preg again miscarried that one in nov then got pregnant again at the end of dec. i am now 30 weeks and feeling great. my sister had a m/c a week after my first one she was about 12 weeks along she got preg right after and is now about to be induced on the 12th. they say she is going to have a big healthy baby!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.