Cameron was at the E.R last night

CYW
around 12am cam couldnt breathe. he couldnt regain his breathe and was freaking and trying to cry and i tried everything i t was sooo scary....so i called his dadda and on our way to the ER we were after hours of non stop crying.. after 45 seconds of him finally regaining his breathe AND was having difficulties breathing...cpmes out he has a bit of bronchitis again and some slight RSV...the dr said it was nothing to seem too concerned YET however IF it happens again they will need to run some further tests because it could be more serious...

anyone know more about what they are talking about???
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am so sorry for you.  It has been a tough year for our Camerons!  Mine just was treated for pneumonia and had RSV and Influenza B within a week of each other back about 2 months ago.  I am guessing he has a reactive airway like mine, do you neb him when he gets bad?  I neb almost constantly and everything goes straight to his chest.  It is scary, but if he is able to cry, that's a good sign, he is getting some air.  I know exactly what you are talking about, Cam has had a tough time breathing, he even sweats when he's struggling, and doesn't want to eat, takes too much to suck and breathe.  When he gets tight like he was in his chest, always neb, it never hurts to do a treatment.  My Cameron is also on Flovent inhaler twice daily and quite often on oral steroids to help open up his airway.  It's scary,  but they usually grow out of it, and if you are having the same burst of crappy weather we are, that could help contribute to it.  Give him lots of hugs and I would still call his ped on Mon, I always followed up any ER visit with my ped.  They know him better than the ER Dr. and know his history, plus they specialize in peds.  Good news is the bronchiolitis and the RSV were slight, so he didn't need to be admitted.  Hang in there and try to relax a little, he will know if you are stressed.  Just keep nebbing him every 4 hours and you will see a new baby soon.
Helpful - 0
I'm sorry, CYW! Wow that must have been horrible. When a baby isn't breathing, you cant help but just panic--it's so scary.It's so hard for a mother to see her baby in a scary situation. And when they cry, it makes it worse for the breathing...but they don't understand whats going on, and its just terrible.
Is he doing better now?
Helpful - 0
How scary, I'm so sorry you had to go through that.  I'm glad to here he's doing ok now.  I don't really know anything about it but I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and Cam and hope he's doing better.
Helpful - 0
How sweety I am so sorry.  I bet you did not get a wink of sleep last night.  I hope he gets better very soon.  I really hope today is a better day for him.  You guys are both in my thoughts.

There is soo much sickness going around right now.  Everyone around us has had fevers and I am terrified of Ava getting sick, she is only 13 days old today.

I will be thinking about you all...
Helpful - 0
CYW
thank you ladies.. he in on some steroids...once a day and so far seems to be doing better..I am planning on changing my livingroom around and putting his playpen in the livingroom. thank you all again..
Helpful - 0
Hey girl - glad to hear he's doing somewhat better.  Just hang in there - you know we went through this with Brodie and he has outgrown it.  I know it's very scary but stay calm - easier said than done - especially coming from the mommy who freaked out and started crying herself!!  :)  You will both be in my thoughts!!
Helpful - 0
CYW
thanks alot...the dr said that night he had 5 cases of babies in the SAME situation...he said that because of our late spring everything is going around...he is more active today and talking and can be left alone...i moved my whole livingroom around and put the playpen in there hopefully it will encourage him to fall asleep on his own as well as possibly play etc because at the daycare that will be how he will nap..

then maybe we can move him back to his bed because for the past 2 weeks he has been terrified of his bed...so he has been sleeping in his swing:S
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.