Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Carrying baby low-14 weeks

I had my second sonogram at 11 weeks and my doctor told me I was carrying very low in my uterus, right above my cervix.  She told me not to have sex because it could cause some "bad bleeding."  Has anyone else had a report like this and what was the outcome?  She told me this was common and not to worry, but of course that's all I've done for the past 3 weeks.  My next doctor's appointment is in a few days (I am now almost 15 weeks) and I am praying that the baby has moved up.  So far, this pregnancy has been very easy.  I haven't had any spotting and have felt great.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone else that has been through this.
2 Responses
210400 tn?1325380570
Are you sure that they were talking about the baby and not your placenta?
She didn't say anything about the placenta, but I have been doing some reading about Placenta Previa just in case.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.