Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Chemical pregnancy: was it my fault?

I've just experienced a chemical pregnancy after a fresh ivf cycle. In the past, I have had anorexia nervosa for 17 years,(very severe case, BMI of 10 for a long time) and have been very healthy for the past two years (I am 30). I was amazed when my first IVF cycle, I got 8 eggs, 5 of which became beautiful embryos.
One of these I had transferred at day 2, a 5 cell. I have 4 embryos left which are frozen.
My first beta hcg test showed, at 14dpt, a level of 40, which I was told was low, but still positive. They said they would have to monitor it closely because it was low to start. The day prior to the blood test, I hadn't eaten very much at all, feeling so terrified and frightened about getting a negative result.
When I spoke to the nurse and she told me I was pregnant the next day, I was over the moon, totally unable to believe it had happened.
However 3 days later, my hcg had dropped to 9, and I miscarried.
Did I cause my miscarriage from not eating much on the day before the blood test? I am absolutely wracked with guilt because I feel I killed my embryo, which was doing it's best to establish a home in me. Maybe it died the day before the blood test because of me.
I'm struggling so much with this miscarriage because of this.
Please help. I can't come to terms with this.
I'm not a doctor but I honestly don't think that in anyway you not eating much for one day caused you to miscarry. Miscarriages happen all the time to perfectly healthy women. They usually happen because there is something wrong with the embryo. Try not to beat yourself up over this as I'm sure you did nothing to cause this.