Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Chest Pain while pregnant!!!!! PLEASE OPEN!!!!!!

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing??? I have a question as of last night I've been having a sharp, stabbing pain on my chest. it feels like somebody is punching me from the outside it's just really hard to describe. At first I thought it was a really bad case of heartburn, but than I realize that it was to painful for it to be heartburn. Finally the pain went away. This morning as I was waking up the pain started again, I started to freak out again....... I'm not sure if it could be associated with the pregnancy or the fact that I'm expecting twins. I'm just a little scared and I really need someone to tell me if it's ok or not. BTW when I get these pains I don't get short of breath. I just feel really bad pain. PLEASE someone help me!!!!!!!
it's probably just pressure from the babies or muscle pain.but maybe you should go to a doctor or hospital just in case.
Well, I'm not sure exactly what is causeing your pain, but I've had a similar pain during my pregnancy.  I asked my doctors and they said I was fine it was just a phantom pain.  Is your pain on the right or left side??  Does you right arm go numb?  If its in your chest on the right said and your still having pain,  I would probably go to the er- just to be safe.  Those are symptoms of a heart attack.  Not trying to scare you, but I think it would be worth checking out..  Or maybe give a call to the on call OB.  I'm sorry I can't be more help, but I'll be praying for you.  Please let me know what it was when you findout.  Take care!
I had this exact same pain. I actually went to the hospital b/c I was so scared. It turned out that I had severe reflux. My doc told me that my esaphagus was just super sore from it, feeling like I was being punched. I took tums and changed my diet, and I was fine. Hope this helps.
I too have those pains.  It has been diagnosed as severe reflux just like dreamreader76 said.  It's from the babies - they love you so much!!  I can feel your pain since we are both having twins.  I swear I go through a bottle of Mylanta Ultimate Strength chewables about every 3 days!!  :)  OK not that fast, but you get the picture.  My doctor told me to take Zantac 150mg and it helps tremendously.  I've got that under control now, but can't shake this queezy feeling 24/7 to save my life.
The other thing it could be is a gallbladder attack. I have had those and the pain is horrible and you get shortness of breath with it. That might be something to look into although it is more likely severe reflux....
Thank you ladies, for all your comments. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my OB I'll let you guys know how it went.   Thanks Much!!!!!
Just wanted to mention that I believe a heart attack is more likely to affect the LEFT side if it is one-sided pain, but can also be on the right...but the left side (chest, shoulder, arm) are more often affected.
Also, women often have ATYPICAL (not usual...just want to make sure it was obvious) pain/symptoms...perhaps between the shoulder blades, in the jaw...and the chest pain is often crushing.

I hope this is not what you are experiencing, but since women tend to put off treatment thinking they are overreacting, it is important to get checked by a doc...they can best tell you what is happening.  Better safe than sorry.
im also having these crazy pains and im only 7 weeks pregnant, its really been worrying my and making me in so much pain to the point of i can not stop crying it hurts that bad im not sure what is is everytime i go to the hostpitle they tell me to take tylonal (sp) and that it will go away eventually, but with these pains i cant even bring myself to get any food down because it hurts to bad in my chest. is that normal??? these articals have kinda helpd me out alittle but im just scared there could be something seriously more wrong with me im not sure. help please if someone can.
I am 8 weeks along and have High Blood preasure from before the baby. I have been experiencing the same kind of chest pain. It wakes me up.
The good news is I asked my DR cause of my pregnacy being high risk for heart failure, She said not to worry in the begining women have different types of chest pain that are caused by reflux, the constant morning sickness, your muscles get tired of the purging. She said if it comes to pain in the left side then we need to go to the hospital. and also if its not a heart issue but you are purging up blood then you might have a more serious reflux issue go to the hospital. Well hope this helps.
thank you so much that helped alot... very comforting... thank god the pains have gone away for now =]]. thank you so much for your info!
I am now 37 weeks pregnant, which is when this pain started.   The chest pains I have been having recently are crushing and making it very hard to breathe at all.  Little pants of air is all I can get.   At the same time, muscles in my upper back contract so hard, it feels like it is going to break my bones.    It gets so intense, it makes me cry and scream if I have enough breath to do so.   Made me want to cut off my upper body.   Before pregnant I suffered from esophageal spasms and bad G.I.R.D. (reflux).   If I go without Nexium for even a day, the reflux acts up but the chest and back spasms just started, which Nexium does not seem to help.  Symax is what I had been taking before pregnancy but it is not recommended during pregnancy.  It is so very scary when it happens.  Practice breathing, soaking in a bath, heating pads, and get your partner to massage you!   Deeeeeep breathing if possible.   I also tried Tylenol, magnesium, and potassium.   Took me two hours to work through it this morning but it is now over and I can rest!   If this happens to you, you are most likely not dying.   You are just in excruciating pain.   But if your shoulders and left arm give you problems, call the doc right away.   I called my midwife just to be on the safe side.  Good luck to all of you.