Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Conception Date

I am trying to figure out conception date.  I am due April 15th 2008.  On August 22nd, my ultrasound said I was 6 wks, and 1 day.  Doctor said I would have conceived around the 23rd or 24th of July.  I know technically my baby would have been only 4 wks old at the ultrasound.  I am uncertain when I had my last period and my periods are erratic.  With the US and due date, is there any way I could have conceived before the 23 rd or 24th?  How accurate are US?  Doctor told me the earlier the US the more accurate it will be.
Early u/s' are the most accurate and best way to date a pregnancy. If the doctor told you the 23rd or 24th then I would go with that date.