Confused!!

Hi, I'm 22 years old and I've been with my fiance for a year. We are getting married next year, but I haven't set a date yet...anyways, We've been trying to conceive for 4 months now. I got off the pill at the end of June, I had a 9 day period, then 10 days later I had a really light period that lasted 3 days, and I haven't had one since. I went to the doctor and had my annual, everything came back fine, she told me it was normal for some girls to have irregular periods...I'm wondering if I can still get pregnant if i am not having my period..I read some girls' posts and some said that they didn't have a period for months and still got pregnant...that gives me hope because I am trying to conceive and very excited to be a mother...I just want an opinion...can i still get pregnant??
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You can but if you are having no cycle at all then that is not healthy so you should go see a doctor and get checked. Good Luck
Helpful - 0
There is a chance of conceiving, but without having your reg. period cycles you may not be ovulating.  Just play it safe, and keep practicing... but do realize that the chances are slim for you to conceive until your cycles are regular.  I myself had many years of trouble conceiving and understand your want and need for a baby.  Hang in there and it'll all happen in do time!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.