Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Confused!

I had protected sex 10 weeks ago, and was on the contraceptive Yaz at the time. I missed my period for that month, and was terrified. The next month, I got a period but it was shorter than usual but much heavier. This month, I also got a shorter, heavier period. Over the past 10 weeks, I have taken 19 pregnancy tests, ALL negative. I have no nausea (unless I haven't eaten, but that's normal for anyone), no tenderness of my breasts, no darkening of my areolas, minor back pain (but i slump over all the time, so that's probably causing that), no cravings, i've actually LOST weight...but I have a pudge where a baby bump would be. I haven't thrown up once or gotten sick at the smell of anything. I haven't been particularly moody. And I sleep just as much as usual, if not less. I've been told it is impossible to have 19 negatives, heavy periods, no symptoms, but still be pregnant. But I'm scared.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1039620 tn?1272594004
It would be highly unlikely that you are pregnant, so I would try not to stress about it. Birth control can change our cycles, length and duration, so that is probably what is happening to you. Try to relax, I am pretty sure you're not pregnant, especially after that many negatives and you are still getting your period. :)
Helpful - 0
How do I know that these are normal periods, as opposed to so-called "periods" during pregnancy?
Helpful - 0
296076 tn?1371334474
yaz has been recalled please get off of it
Helpful - 0
thank you! i've been off of it since september when this whole scare began, though...thank goodness!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.