A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
404578 tn?1218414337

Contractions

I am now 32 weeks pregnant and have been having braxton hicks contractions since 20 weeks or so, but the last 24 hours they seem different to me. I don't know if the baby just changed positions and this makes them seem different or what but I think they feel stronger. I sometimes get weird pains w/ them in my crotch and butt which makes me think they are pushing the baby down more. I don't know if I am paranoid or if this is normal. This is also my 2nd baby and I started dilating about this time w/ my first. I don't remember this w/ my first but it's been awhile. The contractions will be fairly regular, not more than 10 minutes apart for a couple of hours and then slow down, eventually picking back up again hours later. Has anyone else had this??
2 Responses
161938 tn?1212169149
I had it from 30 weeks on with my twins
and I don;t remember with my singleton (sounds about similar to your timeframes)
with the twins I called docs because they would progress to 4 minutes apart through the night - but by AM they were better - it was weird - I got ready for the hospital at least 3 times because they got so close together
then when it was real I didn;t take it seriously because of all the times it wasn't!
I would call your doc and ask -
good luck
I had them like that too, but I would call your Dr. since it's still so early, especially if you were dialating that early on with your first.    My Dr. watched them, but I didn't get the pain in the butt, sorry for the wording, till the very end.  Good luck, drink lots of water too, may be a sign that you need more.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.