Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Could I be Pregnant?

I have a very irregular period. I got it the end of November and was trying for a baby with my husband throughout the whole month of December and beginning of January.  Actually since the beginning of Jan, I was feeling very nauseous in the evening, having small cramps and weird sensations in my abdomen.  I didn't know when to take a EPT because I'm not regular.  Well, my nipples got very sensitive early last week and my breasts became sore.  When AF comes, I usually have a week of bad cramping prior and usually a very heavy flow the first few days.  Well, I never had the cramping and AF came the 20th. No cramping, very light flow, very dark in color.??What is going on???  This is so unusual.  That has NEVER happened before.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I know my  mind may be playing tricks with me, but also know that there is something called implantation bleeding or something.

I need some help.
Thanks,
Jessica

If this is VERY unusal to you, then there is a good chance you may be pregnanct but of course the only way to find out is a pregnancy test.  Test this weekend, if you are still unsure, go to doctor and they can give you a blood test.

Here's something I found on the internet:

LIGHT OR SHORTER THAN NORMAL PERIOD: If you notice your period is light or shorter than normal (about 3 days or less if you
Do you think I should wait a few days?  What is a good brand to buy?  I hope it is accurate.

I should probably switch to a pad then if I'm not sure.

Thanks for your help and I'll see what happens.

jess
I'm not sure what kind to buy.  I think I heard ClearBlue Easy works well and also EPT.  Maybe you should wait until after the bleeding/spotting stops to test. (that may interfer with the results)

Let us know what happens! Good Luck
Well, I'm in a mixed mind here on the replies and I am a firm believer that Mother Nature holds the cards on pregnancies. Example is I have absolutely no clues whatsoever as to the state of my pregnancy. Had no idea I was pregnant coz I did all the fertility stuff and heartache to no avail and was then diagnosed infertile. And here I am trying to take in that I conceived naturally.

I started bleeding on the first day my period was due (13th Jan). Didn't have as much cramping as usual though. On day 3 I usually lighten up, but didn't. On day 5 I didn't stop as usual. Blood went darker for a couple of days. Day 8 I started to feel like I'd been kicked in the stomach. Friend took me to hospital, nurse told me I was pregnant. Scan booked for Thursday just gone, but they were confused and asked if I'd had a pregnancy test (does no-one talk to each other in this same department??) She said I must be very early, so bladder emptied and I had a IV scan instead. No abnormalities showed, but there was no sac to be seen. They took my bloods and asked me to come in this morning (Saturday) for further bloods will know more Monday. We are none to wiser at all. Early Ectopic, miscarried or early pregnancy (3.5 weeks) are the possibilities.

Moral of my drivvling is that it makes no odds what the symptoms are, I've resigned it's up to Mother Nature not us.

I do know that you can have a pregnancy test when you are bleeding coz I've had two positives now and I've not really stopped at all. Spotting, heavy, light, then nothing for a few hours. Severe cramping then no pain at all. Dark blood and no clots. But they also say clots are a sign of miscarriage, but I've had none and the signs are looking most at miscarriage for me.

Please try to put your mind at rest as soon as you can or you will put your body under further stress. Try ClearBlue (I've not heard of EPT) as Steph says, they have a good rep in the UK.

My prayers are with you and others in the community that make all this confusion a little more understandable and most importantly for me, I don't feel so alone when I can share experiences in a community.

Do let us know how you get on if you feel comfortable to.

Daniella

Its quite interesting that Jessica1 should be going through the same as me.  Before my m/c I never believed that a woman can be pregnant and still have "AF"!!. For the past 2 months, my "AF" looked very odd - meaning about 2dys shorter(3-4dys normally) and d/red. I wasnt concerned last month because the symptoms went away. But some reason this month its just there - dizziness, frequent urination (every 2hrs) and weird breast tenderness and food cravings (ever tried melted cheese with rice & red kidneys beans?) Of course since "AF" Ive been Bding like crazy since that time, and I will take that sug. from Chloe!!

In my last post on Friday, I said I would have a hpt done, which I did and it was neg (you can imagine my disappointment!). But Im still having symptoms. Ever since Ive been on this Forum, I dont know about you, but my knowledge has increased! When I had my son at 23yrs - hes now 10yrs going on 100! I was never privy to such wealth of information. With my BFN I would have taken it for gospel and not do anything else. On Tues Ive booked an appt with the Dr to do a blood test - just to know for sure.

Stephw thanks for that bit of info, even though it was for Jessica1. Please do a test thats the only way you'll know for sure.

God bless
Chrisy
I still did not get a pg test.  I am afraid it will turn up neg, or that I will test too early.  My AF lasted 4 days on and off and very light.  Which is different from the usual 7 (which has always been very heavy the first 2 days).  So, now AF is gone and I am having light cramping in my abdomen.  My tummy also looks very bloated.  Usually, it just looks bloated right before my AF and then goes away.  It is not going away.  I will not even let my Husband see me because I am embarassed.  Am I just gaining weight?

I've also been feeling queasy some times during the day.  Like today, I ate an orange and just felt like ralphing.  But, I didn't.  I've been having bad headaches.  And, I've been having to pee every hour or two.  last night, i had to go to the bathroom twice.  And, I feel like I still have AF (excuse me for being gross - but it is almost a wet feeling), and I will go to the bathroom and nothing.  

Ok - maybe this is just in my head - but has anyone felt like this and found out they were either pg or not pg?  

Jess