Could I be pregnant?

I just turned 44 and have 4 children aged 22, 20, 19 and13. The first day of my last period was 8/6/06. I had unprotected sex 8/13/06. My periods are very regular (every 28 days). On day 22 I started very ligt spotting (only when I wipe) and mild cramping. On Thursday day 24 it stopped. I have never experienced anything like this in my previous pregnancys. I took an HPT 8/30/06 it was BFN. Took another one today and it was BFN. Could I be pregnant? Have I taken test to early. My period is due to start tomorrow 9/3/06.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
They say that you need to wait till your period is late, but I took mine on 8/3 and wasn't supposed to get period till 8/9 and I got a positive on a Clear blue and easy, the First response was neg. until 8/9.  I guess every women is different, and every pregnancy different.  So I would wait and test in a couple of days. Good luck with which ever way your wanting it to go.
Which test did you take first? I'm not 4 AF til 9/7, but I wanna test so bad. Which test do you think would be my best bet? I hear that FR is the most sensitive, but on webwomb.com they claim that their test can tell you 6dpo (wow!) what HPT is most reliable with early detection?
I posted to you in one of the messages above, but for this question I took a cheapy first and it was positve but the clear blue and easy doesn't give you a line or a plus, it is digital and it says either "Pregnant" or "not pregnant" and mine said pregnant so there is no guessing if it's a yes or no, the line for the first response was so faint that you could only see it holding it up to the light, and staring for a few minutes.  So I would say if you want a definite yes or no I would use it.  It depends on you HCG level.  I think they are both close to the same thing.  They are expensive, but it's worth it. Good luck.
First let me say that my mom had a baby at 44 without even trying. Actually, he made it through a condom, and spermicide. It is very possible that you are pregnant. On the other hand, you may also be peri-menopausal, and this could cause spotting, and sudden changes in your cycle too. I say wait 3-4 days, and test again. If you still aren't sure, then a blood test would be a good idea. Hope you get what you want.
Thanks for all your comments.  I'll try again in a week or so and if I'm still negative I'll go to my doctor and check out the peri-menopausal thing. That is what I thought it was initially but when i went on the internet it kept bringing up info on implantion bleeding. Maybe I just wanted to be pregnant.
Thanks again.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community