Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Cramping and Early Pregnancy

Hi all - I am hoping someone has some words of advice or reassurance.  I am only 4w4d pregnant and experience burning cramping (like af is coming at times).  When I first tested positive last week I was nausious and now am not feeling like that anymore or as much.  I keep checking though and there is no sign of blood.  I guess I am worried since I have had 2 miscarriages in the past (the last one in november). I remember having cramping with my son but don't remember how much.  Anyone else had burning cramps and not miscarried?  Also seem to have gas problems - could it be related to that?
Hello, yes I have had cramping like a menstrual cramps.  I have also had bleeding off and on.  However, I just went to the dr's yesterday for a normal check up and I asked about the cramping I am having and he said it is normal.  It is just the uterus stretching and it's ligiment pain.  But if you are worried with your history I would definately see your OB or at least call them.
Godd Luck!
Im now 10 weeks and have had so much off and on cramping and pulling... I spotted for 3 days this last week and was totally freaking out. AND I have no morning sickness. But everything has been great with the baby. I like you just had a m/c (in Sept) so I have been super worried this pregnancy. The only thing I can tell you is that if your worried call your doctor. Your still so early so your not going to see much on an ultrasound anyway. You should be able to see the heartbeat by 6 weeks though. Good luck and congrats!
YES!!! I had that (I am 8wk) the first three weeks (I had BFP at 3 wk, 11 DPO) I was miserable! I had horrible stomache pains and couldnt sleep at night. I was also very constipated and bloated. My. Dr said that Malox and Mylanta were OK and that helped me alot. I feel much better now and I think the pains I have now are uterine. I have had no spotting and this is my first pg. Mr Dr didnt seem too concerned about it either. So I would go on how you feel and talk to your Dr. Good  luck, hope you feel better soon!!!!!
Thank you ladies.  I think I am going to go into the ER this evening when my husband gets home to check for a UTI.  I now have chills and a slight fever and am thinking it might be that.  They can't do anything but check that and do bloodwork. Will check back in late tonight and let you know the results.  I am actually hoping thats what it is so they can give me antibiotics and I can feel better.
I am 4 weeks and 5 days. I thought af was coming, and it never started. I even told my fiancee before I missed that I was having severe cramps, I had never had cramps like those. They have tapered off but still come and go. I went to the ER 2 nights ago because I had pain on my right side and was scared of a ectopic. And like you I have had 2 miscarriages as well. Nothing was wrong with the baby, my hcg **** was 885 which was really good, but the ultrasound won't pick up anything until your count is around 2000. The OB/GYN on call came in and saw me and she said there are all kinds of reasons for aches and pains. SHe said mainly it's your uterus making room for the baby!! My cramps are pretty much gone, but still come and go. SOme days I feel sick some days I don't. I try and not to focus to hard on signs because I don't want to stress myself and this baby. I really hope everything is ok. And UTI's are not fun!! But are very common in pregnancy. Good luck to you and the new baby!!
Becca, yes plz go to the ER immediately if you have those symptoms, as that is not common for a UTI, but it sounds more like a kidney infection, which can be very dangerous during prengancy.  I have had recurrent UTI's throughout this pregnancy, but I was told if I had a fever, chills, shakes, etc. to go to the ER immediately because that means it has gotten to the kidneys.  If they treat it immediately, it should be fine.