Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Cramping

I am 5 weeks pregnant with my first child........ I was having cramps in my stomach and lower back even sometimes in my legs from 2 days after my missed period what should i do? Is the cramping normal or should i see a doctor??
That's completely normal & don't worry too much about it. :)  You'll get to know the difference between "normal" pregnancy cramps & cramps that you need to pay closer attention to.  Bottom line is you will be increasingly uncomfortable until the little one is born but if it's really bothering you, keep a log of the times it happens & where you feel the cramping and tell your doctor about it at your next prenatal visit.  

Chances are you will be told not to worry about it.  Unfortunately paranoia about a possible problem during your pregnancy is something most women experience.   Try to relax & enjoy it.  It's a totally unique experience.  :)

Yes cramping is very common during early pregnancy...especially with the first one. As long as your are not not seeing any blood, you should be ok.