Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Cramps/Stomach Ache

I'm not sure if this is normal (it probably is but just to make sure) after eating lunch today my stomach started cramping up extremely bad. It was like spikes were going through my stomach and into my back. I know that cramping could be because my uterus is expanding but has anyone ever known them to be extreme? I'm 17 1/2 weeks right now if that helps at all.
I really don't know. My pregnancy didn't make it that far. I would say that since the cramps were in your stomach and not lower that it is probalby fine. Maybe you ate something bad or something that just disagreed with the baby. I know that when I felt the expanding uterus pains, they were much lower than my stomach. If it continues for an extended period of time or reoccurs, I would call your doctor.
Well thank you I appreciate your response! I'm hoping it was just the food too... I'm not counting myself in the safe zone at any point. Too many stories out there.
i had them pinching type pains too. i think it is ok, my girly came out just fine.
yeah i had that at 33 weeks it was a galbllader, or that what i've been told, it may be you ate something spicy or cheesy or sour... any thing that could be heavy on your stomach, it really hurts, i remeber that i could bearly breath because of the time, and called my husband from work but he works half hour far, so by the time he get home, i was ok, and could not tell him that because he will think i am making stories and went to the hospital with no pain but acting like the pain is still there...lol....the pain is in your upper stomach ricgh under your chest bones right? what did you ate? they only told me to take Malox.
Now, I can tell you about gall bladder problems. If you eat something that causes excess gas (like cauliflower) or something that is fatty, or somethimes it really doesn't matter what you eat, you can get some pretty severe pain. It felt like extreme heartburn to me and I would get pains in my right rib cage area, or right underneath it. I couldn't breathe and thought I was having a heart attack. I ended up having mine removed becuase I had stones (but I also wasn't pregnant). I would suggest just staying away from gas causing food and anything with excess fat and hopefully you won't get any more pains like that one. Good luck!!
ha ha I ate a whopper jr. The pain really wasn't under my chest bones though it was in the sides of my tummy right above my belly button. I last pretty much all day and then this morning it went away. Too strange.