Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Cramps after IVF egg transfer..Normal?.day 5

just had 1vf after 4 years of trying to get pg and a loss of one ovary and tube. It has been 5 days since the transfer and I just started cramping. But after BM i feel better. Is it a good sign or bad sign. I am so worried.  i am 32 and we transfered 2 babies.. my blood work is to be on the 28th but how soon before then can I do a Preg. test
I know what you are going through. I had my transfer done on the 13th and we tranfered 2 embryos. I have been having slight cramping on and off for the past two days however the the wait until the 27th is unbearable. I as wondering if the cramping is a sign of implantation also my nipples have started to hurt slightly.

Seems like we are in this together so I will say a pray for both of us.

Good luck!!!!
I had a FET on Oct 9th.  I too had cramping - felt almost like I was going to get my period.  My Dr. said it was normal.  Waiting for the results is the most nerve racking thing.  But try to relax and take care of yourself.  I am sure you will both get good news!!!
Hi girls I don't know about ivf but I should imagine it implants in the same way and I have read that it is very common to have cramping when the egg implants and sometimes spotting.  I am cramping now at 6 weeks and everything seems fine on u/s.  Try not to worry too much and lots of luck and baby dust to you both xx
Thanks Baby Grace, it's encouraging to hear from you.
My doctor tells me that cramping during the LP is merely the corpus luteum developing and it may cause cramping.
thanks everyone. Just logged on.  Cramping has stopped and I did do bedrest from Tuesday till saturday and walked around on sunday. I will try the PG test on wed..and see what happens..I still get a slight pain around my remaining ovary. Maybe I was hyper stimulated slightly.

Thanks a lot. I will keep you updated and lots of baby dust to you .......goodluck. I will do a preg test in two or three days and post tshe outcome. Please pray for me...
Hi there,

I am a bit scared to do a preg. test but I can wait until the 27th as my doctor asked. I am still having very faint feather like feelings in my lower abs. I have been feeling a bit nauseated recently or maybe it's my mind. This wait is the worst.

Thanks for your comments guys and good luck to you Lucenna.

Was your transfer Day 3 or 5.. Mine was 2 6-cell day 3 transfers..  I already tested  on day 7 and 9 and it was negative..  But at least the HCG is all out.  I will try again on sunday since AF is not here still..  Till then I am PUPO... Pregnant untill proven otherwise..

You should try testing on sunday or saturday..I will update. Lots of baby dust to you and goodluck...
Hi there,

My transfer was a 3 day. I tested this morning (could not wait until Monday 27th) and it was positive. I shook my husband out of his sleep as it was about 4:30am. I am so happy.He hug me and call me mum.....I am soooooooooooooo happy. Keep me posted on your, I am praying for you.

Hi there,

I am not sure if my last post went but here I go again. I did a pregnancy test this morning and it was positive. Maybe I was so happy that I probally hit the wrong button.

Lucenna, I pray all goes well for you too, please let us know.
Congrats ... I am happy for you. I will pick up courage and try again tomorrow...   Congrats..Will email you again...
Yep... You Posted on the right chat room. COngrats again. You give me courage and I will definitely try testing today. Good or bad, I am just happy to have gotten so far.  I have had cramps though but no AF yet. So still praying and hoping..

HIP HIP For YOU... I am very happy for you....
Hi Guys,

Well yesterday officially ended the dreaded two week wait now I am have an ultra sound on the 13th December to check for babies heart beat.

PS: Morning sickness has started and it's not pleasant ............at all....... but I am not complaining.

Will keep you all posted.

Thanks for all your prayers and words of encouragement to date.

Hey Bajan Girl Keep me updated. Mine did not take but we will try naturally this month and again in Januray.....
Hi Lucenna,

I have been checking this site daily looking for you and hoping and praying that all goes well for you. I am sorry to hear that the embryos did not implant but please keep trying.

This is our second attempt at IVF.I am due for a scan on the 13th and I am just trusting God for a these two new lives to continue.

Remember..............do not give up hope....ever. I know you are sad but remember there is always next time.

You know, today I was sitting in a restaurant having lunch and through the window I saw this lady begging for money. One person give her a dollar and she took it and walked away. When I was finished and on my way to my car I saw her again. this time she was just sitting staring at me. I walked over to her and chatted with her for a while and give her some money. She said thanks for my kindness and asked that God blessed me. That instantly made me happy because I have been completely tensed about this whole IVF and was sitting in the restaurant just thinking about it.

But, God is still in control and he will give you the desires of your heart..........just do not give up........PLEASE.

Your are in my prayers.

Hiya.. I am a new member and have been reading all your comments which I have found really helpful.  Ive had ivf treatment and my egg retrieval on 7th Dec (3 folicles,1 fertilised,grade 9) had a single embryo transfer yesterday 9th Dec.  I have had a few cramps this morning but they come & go, feeling a bit sick now & again and tummy a bit swollen. I started my progesterone pessaries today (1 in morn,1 @ night).  I was just wondering if anyone would give me some advice...thanx
Thank you bajan Girl... I am okay now. I felt so angry at the world before.. I bled for a whole week and it was really bad..very clumpy an d really painful. My hubby and I could not sleep at all for 3 days..

We are going to try again in Januray.....I wish you lots of luck  and a happy preg...I hope I can catch up with you soon... Thanks a lot for remembering me. I Will holla later..
PS>> cramps are okay ..
Thanks LJ....I hope for more luck. I am trying acupuncture and seriously exercising. I could do with at least a 10 pound weight loss.Goodluck and I hope it works..
Hi there. I have been reading your messages and I am in the same vote. This is my Fourth Fresh Cycle with IVF, my third IVF cycle blessed me with a baby who's now two. My transfer date was Dec 9th but I went with blastocyst as that's what worked last time. I also have had four cryo cycles, two this year and two previously(none worked). It is a very stressful time waiting, I like the thought of PUPO though. It's helped me get through the last couple of days. I have been having cramps for the last two days but only if I walk a lot. My chest is also very sore, hopefully its not the progesterone. I am curious how Bajan Girl's ultrasound went today. Singleton or twins? Best of luck to everyone. If you have any questions on IVF, I have done A LOT of research. Take care.
Hi ladies,  So glad to know that there is a support system out there!  I just had my first IVF transfer yesterday. Two embryos. Bed rest for 48 hrs.  I also started to feel some cramping and gas this morning.  Was also wondering if it is normal.  Am waiting for a call from my doctor.  Would love to chat with you all!
Hey Morri, LJ Audream... Lots of baby dust to you all. Cramps don't mean yes or No. I had cramps and mine did not work while my aunt had no cramps and hers worked...Goodluck to you all..
Bajan Girl how was the ultrasound?
Thanks Audream that's so sweet.  I can use all the prayers I can get.  Last week on Wednesday, me and DH went to St. Patricks Catherdral in NYC and lit a candle. I hope it's part of the master plan this month!  Glad your in the wait with me and hope we both get our good news.  I feel that fluttery feeling too every once in a while.  Wierd.  But I don't care what's going on as long as I'm PUPO!!!! And hopefully not that either!
Hi all.

I enjoyed reading all your posts and am sorry for each of your individual fertility upsets. I hope you all get your BFP's this month.  LJ, I especially hoped for you because like you, I am an IVF try.  I'm glad to see it worked for you and you have a one year old.  Good luck this time too.  I am ttc #1 and am in my 2nd IVF cycle right now.  I had a blastocyst transfer on Friday YEAH! and decided to transfer 3.  I am so scared and excited at the same time.  Its only been 3 days and I'm a little afraid b/c I have some cramping but trying not to dwell on it.  I can test on the 22nd at home and at doctors office on either the 23rd or 26th depending on what I want. Hmmm I wonder :) Anyway, thanks for sharing your story.  I hear you have much more success when you do a 5 day blastocyst transfer and I started acupuncture prior to this try so I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed.  God I hope it's finally my time!!!