Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Cramps after IVF egg transfer..Normal?.day 5

just had 1vf after 4 years of trying to get pg and a loss of one ovary and tube. It has been 5 days since the transfer and I just started cramping. But after BM i feel better. Is it a good sign or bad sign. I am so worried.  i am 32 and we transfered 2 babies.. my blood work is to be on the 28th but how soon before then can I do a Preg. test
664 Responses
Hi,
I know what you are going through. I had my transfer done on the 13th and we tranfered 2 embryos. I have been having slight cramping on and off for the past two days however the the wait until the 27th is unbearable. I as wondering if the cramping is a sign of implantation also my nipples have started to hurt slightly.

Seems like we are in this together so I will say a pray for both of us.

Good luck!!!!
I had a FET on Oct 9th.  I too had cramping - felt almost like I was going to get my period.  My Dr. said it was normal.  Waiting for the results is the most nerve racking thing.  But try to relax and take care of yourself.  I am sure you will both get good news!!!
Hi girls I don't know about ivf but I should imagine it implants in the same way and I have read that it is very common to have cramping when the egg implants and sometimes spotting.  I am cramping now at 6 weeks and everything seems fine on u/s.  Try not to worry too much and lots of luck and baby dust to you both xx
Thanks Baby Grace, it's encouraging to hear from you.
144100 tn?1283526167
My doctor tells me that cramping during the LP is merely the corpus luteum developing and it may cause cramping.
thanks everyone. Just logged on.  Cramping has stopped and I did do bedrest from Tuesday till saturday and walked around on sunday. I will try the PG test on wed..and see what happens..I still get a slight pain around my remaining ovary. Maybe I was hyper stimulated slightly.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.