Cyst Rupture?

Ok, I am about 5 weeks pregnant.  I was having some sharp pains in my lower right abdomen, so my doctor brought me in for an ultrasound.  They saw no sign of ectopic pregnancy.  They saw TWO yolk sacks (yikes) in uterus, but they also said that it looked like there was a small cyst, and a lot of fluid indicating that a cyst had ruptured.  They didn't seem overly concerned about this ruptured cyst, and said it would resolve itself, but it HURTS. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and knows how long it'll take to feel better??  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks to both of you.  Having a lot fewer sharp pains today.  Going to rest a lot today.  Yesterday was scary!
Helpful - 0
when I had my scan the sonographer told me that quite often the side that you ovulate from sometimes has a small cyst on the overy, this can also cause abit of bleeding in pregnancy when it bursts as well, hopefully you wont be in to much pain for too much longer, congratulations on the two sacks :)
Helpful - 0
Thanks. That's comforting.  Ow!!
Helpful - 0
oh, and it was about  1 and 1/2 weeks after that I noticed I felt 100% less pain.
Helpful - 0
I also had bad cramping around 5 weeks and was brought in for an early scan to rule out ectopic.  There was fluid seen in my uterus along with a sac appropriate for age of pregnancy.  My Dr. told me the fluid was likely from the rupturing of the cyst and that was also likely the cause of my pain.

Good luck!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.