Women's Health: Postpartum Community

DEPO-PROVERA

I was Only on The Birth Control Shot For 12 weeks and I been off For a week. Me and My Husband are ready to to have our second child, and I wanted to know how long it will be before I will be able to get pregnant?
i was on it for about 3 years...took about 8 months afterwards???  i was due for my last shot feb 14 2006.  i became pregnant late October 2006 - but lost the baby in early November...and then got pregant again in December 2006 - and am now 29 w pregnant with a healthy little girl!!! good luck to you!
No matter how long you are on it, it can take 12-18 months to fully get depo provera out of your system.  I had a hard time after depo, my body started going through withdrawls of the drug and I had a cyst on my ovary from depo which was causing me not to ovulate.  I was due for the shot January 06, had to be put on Provera to jump start my period in July (they didn't wait the full year since I had a cyst), had another period in August, got pregnant in Sept, lost that baby in October, and got pregnant again in January and am now 25 weeks with a healthy baby girl! Good luck, I hope it doesn't take you as long as it did for me!