Women's Health: Postpartum Community

DUE DATE?????

THE FIRST DAY OF MY LAST NORMAL PERIOD WAS APRIL 3. ON THAT DAY I WAS HAVING MY HCG LEVELS TESTED DUE TO A MC. LEVELS WERE NEAR THE NEEDED 5 AT 5.2 SO I HAD TO GO BACK THE VERY NEXT WEEK FOR ANOTHER BLOOD DRAW TO MAKE SURE HCG WAS 5 OR BELOW. THEY CALLED AND SAID THEY WERE SO I COULD START TRYING TO GET PREG AGAIN IF I SO DESIRED. I AM NOW ACCORDING TO THE ULTRA SOUND 11 WEEKS AND 6 DAYS. HOW CAN THAT BE? (WITH THE NEW DUE DATE OF DEC 27 I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN PREG AROUND THE 5TH OF APRIL.) THE DOCTOR INSIST THE ULTRA SOUND IS CORRECT WITH IN A COUPLE OF DAYS EITHER WAY. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND! DO THE NUMBERS FROM THE BLOOD TEST NOT PROVE THAT I WASN'T PREG. WHEN THEY INSIST I GOT PREG. ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPR!!
They count the first day you get pregnant as the first day of your last period.  It sounds weird because technically you aren't even pregnant then, but thats how they count in weeks.  Your due date would be right for the cycle you were on. The ultrasound though is odd.  You would only be around nine weeks technically.  Definitely consult your doctor, but if you have a healthy 11 week old baby congrats!!  Just proves that modern medicine can't tell you anything!!
It sounds like you may have had some abnormal spotting, rather than a normal period. Given the dates, you are right, conception would have occured around the 3rd of April. When was your m/c? It could very well be that you got pregnant right afterwards.

Amazing stuff! Congrats to you for getting pg so soon!

Andi
MY ACTUAL MC WAS AROUND MARCH 2OTH BUT THE FETUS HAD BEEN WITH OUT A HEART BEAT FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS. IT TOOK SEVERAL WEEKS OF BLOOD TEST FOR MY LEVELS TO GET BACK DOWN. I DID ONLY BLEED FOR ABOUT THREE DAYS BUT THAT IS SO NORMAL FOR ME. THANKS FOR THE INPUT. I'M TRULY EXCITED THAT I'VE GOT TWO MORE WEEKS BEHIND ME THAN I HAD ORIG. THOUGHT. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THE BLOOD WORK FAILED TO PICK UP ANYTHING!!
The general rule is that it can take 6-10 days after actual conception for the egg to implant and hcg isn't produced until that happens. So in theory, you would count March 20th as your LMP, conception at April 3rd-5th, hcg wouldn't have been picked up, even via bloodwork, until approximately the 9th-11th at the earliest, more realistically after that. So you can kind of see how it happened that they missed it.

Again, congrats on making it this far!! I have always been jealous of those women who were able have a few weeks or even months of pregnancy go by unknowingly. Must make it go by so quickly!

Andi