A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
737515 tn?1252556023

Depo Provera and Pregnancy

Is it possible to get pregnant after one depo provera injection. My boyfriend and I do not use any other method of protection and he does not pulll out  because we have been together for a while and the risk of STD's is not there. I missed my period 3 weeks ago and im a bit worried. I am normally very regular.I know Depo can stop periods all together but when i used to recieve depo years ago i still had a period :/ Im currently spotting and crampy. The spotting is VERY light

Im worried and i do not want to keep getting depo(next month i get another injection) if im pregnant.
6 Responses
459969 tn?1398173854
Not to scare you, but I was on the Depo Shot when I got preg. with my first son. SO you might want to take a test just to make sure.
737515 tn?1252556023
haha you didn't scare me but i am worried. it is just not normal for me to miss my period im very regular. even when i was on the shot before i still had a normal period for the first few years

grr
if im pregnant is the baby going to be hurt?
459969 tn?1398173854
Well..there was nothing wrong with my son. I was due for the shot like the month after I figured it out. I just started taking my vitamins. I never really asked if it could hurt the baby. I was so shocked i was pregnant in the first place.
I was like you, I had a normal period, then I noticed that I hadn't had one in a month and didn't think much about it, but then pregnancy signs started showing up.
Take a test and see.
737515 tn?1252556023
i just started a normal period it seems but i have NEVER been late ever with a period.
this one was 3 weeks late before it started..

should i still take a test??
I am on th depo and have not had a period for probably going on 2 years.I dont have protected sex either, all I count on is the shot. Im worried because everyone keeps telling me not having a period is not good for you at all, wich concerns me also because I want to get pregnant in the near future.maybee I should stop the shot
Hi, I was just wondering if you'd be willing to answer something? I got the depo.a little over 2 weeks ago and haven't had a period yet this month. Is it possible for your period to stop after the first shot? I've never been on this before. I just had a baby 4 months ago so I'm freakingvout.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.