Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Depo Provera and Pregnancy

After 5 years of being on the Depo Shot, I decided to stop. I was scheduled to receive my last shot in March, and it is now July. I thought I was back to my normal period cycle, but I have yet to get my next period, and I'm a month and a half late. I have been experiencing what I thought were pregnancy symptoms (sore breasts, darkening nipples, mood swings, constant arousal, etc.) but my at home pregnancy tests are coming back negative. I'm just wondering if this is a side affect to getting off the depo shot and not starting or using any other form of contraceptive. So, is it normal to experience pregnancy symptoms after ending depo?? Or are the home tests wrong?
It can sometimes take months and months to get a cycle back after stopping Depo.  You may have irregular bleeding and spotting for quite a while, or nothing at all for quite a while.

If you are sexually active and not using any birth control now, take a HPT about every 2-3 weeks until you either get your period back, or get a positive.  That's about all you can do at this point.   If this keeps up, you should ask your doctor what to do.  

Are you wanting to be pregnant? I'm assuming so.