Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Depo-Provera and pregnant

I took a Depo-Provera shot 4 months ago, and when i took my pregnancy test it came negative. Then when I got my first shot, I came back 3 months later for my second shot i tok another pregnancy test it came out positive. I found out that day i was 4 months pregnant. I'm worried that the shot may have done harm to my baby. What are the effects to my baby from getting the depo-provera shot while i am pregnant.
This is really something your doctors office should have discussed with you when the preg test came back positive.

However there has been no harm to the baby. One side effect is that you are at a higher risk for a premature baby but even that is slim. Relax things should be ok.

Congrats on the exciting yet unexpected news. :)