Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Depo-Provera and pregnant

I took a Depo-Provera shot 4 months ago, and when i took my pregnancy test it came negative. Then when I got my first shot, I came back 3 months later for my second shot i tok another pregnancy test it came out positive. I found out that day i was 4 months pregnant. I'm worried that the shot may have done harm to my baby. What are the effects to my baby from getting the depo-provera shot while i am pregnant.
1 Responses
212720 tn?1304379015
This is really something your doctors office should have discussed with you when the preg test came back positive.

However there has been no harm to the baby. One side effect is that you are at a higher risk for a premature baby but even that is slim. Relax things should be ok.

Congrats on the exciting yet unexpected news. :)
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.