Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Depo-Provera

I GOT ON THE SHOT 2 WEEKS AFTER I GAVE BIRTH, MY BLEEDING THAT RESULTED FROM THE DELIVERY STOPPEP, BUT THEN MY PERIOD CAME ON AND HAS BEEN ON FOR ALMOST 14 DAYS. WHAT SHOULD I DO? IS THIS COMMON?
depo provera effects every one different.  when i was on it, it stopped my af all together. however when my mother in law went on it she had af for an entire month.   you long bleeding could be your body trying to clear out your system from delivery.  if it persists give the doc a call and ask.  there are no stupid questions.
good luck
How long does the hormones of the patch normally stay in a womans body after you get off of it. and can a abnormal pap effect me from getting pregnant
i don't know anyone on the patch but i would think it is similar to the pill which in some cases stays in the system up to 1 month, in others the first time you don't use it it's gone.

it depends on what is abnormal about your pap.  
don't freak if you have had one, a pap can only tell normal or abnormal cells, usually they will do a colposcapy (sorry bad sp)
basically a biopsy.  to see exactly what the problem is.
I would definatly find out what is wrong before ttc

let us know

I was able to get pg with an abnormal pap and actually wound up having cervical cancer that wasn't detected until a colpo 6 weeks post pardum, with the leep-cone 2 weeks later. I was able to conceive and deliver with all of those factors. I am now pg again 2 years later since the surgery) and am due in less than 2 months!

I know far more women who have had abnormal paps turn out to be benign than cancerous. Like mentioned before the only way to know is to get the colpo done and wait for those results.

Andrea
When i was on Depo i would bleed for the whole 3 months until the next shot, after about the third shot i stopped all together since i would just bleed and bleed. I guess that it was one of the side affects for me that my body couldn't handle beeing on it, the Dr told me to get off of it cause all that bleeding isn't good. Go see your Dr ASAP