A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
273379 tn?1213044686

Depo Provera

I stopped taking the depo injection on August 16th and am in the process of trying for a baby.  I'm a little scared as everything i've read about has stated i might not fall pregnant for another year.  I haven't had any period as yet, but have lower cramps and tender breasts.

What i would like to know is if anyone has fallen pregnant within 3 months of coming off the injection and am i better speaking to my doctor.  I really don't want to wait over a year to fall pregnant and i'm not happy i wasn't told all the consequences of being on the depo injection.

All responses welcome

Gillian xxxx
1 Responses
169379 tn?1207684965
I was on depo and fell pg within just over 3 months of coming off it. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in miscarriage but that was nothing to do with being on depo previously.
I then fell pg again within 3 cycles and am due any day.
Good luck. x
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.