Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Depo Provera

I stopped taking the depo injection on August 16th and am in the process of trying for a baby.  I'm a little scared as everything i've read about has stated i might not fall pregnant for another year.  I haven't had any period as yet, but have lower cramps and tender breasts.

What i would like to know is if anyone has fallen pregnant within 3 months of coming off the injection and am i better speaking to my doctor.  I really don't want to wait over a year to fall pregnant and i'm not happy i wasn't told all the consequences of being on the depo injection.

All responses welcome

Gillian xxxx
I was on depo and fell pg within just over 3 months of coming off it. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in miscarriage but that was nothing to do with being on depo previously.
I then fell pg again within 3 cycles and am due any day.
Good luck. x