Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Depo Provera

I have only taken one Depo shot in my life that was on January 27, 2009.  I have not had a period since. When will it come back and will I be able to try to conceive.

This discussion is related to Pregnancy after Depo Provera.
I had the depo shot 3 times last year-june, sept, & nov. I was very worried about getting my period back but finally i got it in may. give it time. My husband and i have been trying to conceieve since nov but no luck. I have read lots of stories about pregnany taking 1-3 years after your last shot (even thogh i was told 6-12 months) I have been hoping that now that i finally got my period back that it is a sign that i am ready. Good luck to you!
You should consult with your doctor if you are interested in TTC at this time and you have not yet resumed having periods after your Depo.  It can take quite a while to resume your regular cycle.

Just to give you a little bit of hope. I had my 3rd son on march 17 2008 Got the Depo shot in June.. I only had one cycle and that was in Nov.. Well I am now 2 days away from being 30 weeks preg with our little girl...  I was not TTC at that point either.. I hope this gives you a little hope.. I heared it can take anywhere from 3 months to a year.. But hold that hope..