Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Depression and Migraines in Pregnancy

I have had headaches and migraines for about twenty years and they have gotten worse since going off birth control (recurring almost daily).  My doctor just took me off Lexapro and put me back on Zoloft (100 mg in the a.m.) at my request because it seemed to help a little bit in preventing the headaches and migraines in the past.  She also prescribed Amitriptyline (50 mg at bedtime) to prevent the headaches.  I am also on 25 mg Hydrochlorothiazide (in the a.m.) to control my blood pressure.  Are these drugs safe while trying to get pregnant, during pregnancy, and while breastfeeding or is there another recommendation?
wow that sounds like a discussion with the doc.

i do know that the zoloft will make the baby lathargic(sp?) if you take it while breastfeeding.
not sure about the rest.
good luck to you in ttc, sorry not more help
~nanci
i took hctz during my last pregnancy for an inner ear disorder.  my doctors determined the benefits outweighed the risks.  however, when i was on it i noticed that my baby didn't move as much.  this concerned me so i quit taking it.  he was born healthy by the way.  i can't remember what class medication it is.  you should look it up on the internet.  classes a and b are okay to take.  as far as breastfeeding, there's very little medication you can take while breastfeeding.  i think this is definitely something to discuss with your doctor.  i just thought i would tell you my experience.
Sorry to post here but I can't post a new question today. I am wondering if any of you had severe headaches while on clomid? I am starting my 2nd round in a couple of days and am dreading the headaches. I have secondary infertility. I had trouble getting pregnant when I was first married but it finally happened after 2 years of trying. Back then once I was pregnant I didn't have a problem staying that way, now I have no problem getting pregnant just staying that way. I think that the latter is worse, or so it seems. I had to take progesterone with my 4th child because I had cramping and my progesterone level was 1mg. I had 3 successful pregnancies and then 2 first trimester miscarriages, then a successful pregnancy with the help of progesterone and I have had another 2 miscarriages. I forgot to mention I have endometriosis and am looking at a hysterectomy when I am done having children. My doctor says the best treatment for endo. is pregnancy and I am not opposed. I just don't want to keep going through miscarriages. On days like these I feel like having a hystorectomy at 31. I am sorry to be so wordy, I just needed to vent I guess things are getting frustrating. I hope the best to all the preggers on the list and baby dust to all of you TTC. Thanks, Helen
so you have 4 children and are going for your 5th??

oh and no i didn't get migranes while on clomid but pretty much anything premenstral is a symptom....however you should only have symptoms while actually taking clomid not after. if the headaches get to bad ask your doctor about it i think there is another drug similar to clomid that doesn't has a lower risk of multipules and doesn't have as many side effects.
good luck to you.
~nanci
I know how you feel I am 27 and facing a hyst also due to endo. It is so painful to deal with every day. I have a 4 yra old DD and am TTC  #2. I had 3 miscarriages before DD so I know what you mean. I am so afraid of that possiablity again but I would rather try and lose than not try and never be able to try again.