Details...FINALLY!

So here I am finally able to have a few minutes to myself while Reilly is snoozing next to me. I know most of you have been asking for details of his delivery...so here it goes:
Sunday night around 6:30pm I felt some wetness in my underwear (I know TMI). I didn't think anything of it so I just changed into a new one, but 2 minutes later the same thing happened. Dh said that it might be my water, but I just laughed it off. Finally we decided to go to the ER to be on the safe side. After being tested and poked for 2 hours, I was told to go home that it was just extra discharge. When I got home, I decided to take a shower to wash off the hospital smell. While I was drying off, I felt this trikle down my leg. I thought it was pee so I cleaned up and got into my pjs. But the leak never stopped. I had to keep changing underwear. I honestly thought that I was going crazy and I might have just lost complete control of my bladder. I called L&D and they told me to wait for an hour. I guess I was in deep denial that my water was indeed broken.
Dh didn't even undress and just snoozed on the couch. Here I am with towels under me, praying that it would stop. I was calling L&D every hour giving them an update. Finally close to sunrise, I made sure I had things in order and all my stuff was packed just incase...still thinking it's a pee leak mind you!...In the morning I took a shower, got dressed and told Dh that I'm gonna go to my OB just incase and that I'll call him if anything changes. When I got to my OB, guess what? It was confirmed and I was admitted right away...I was loaded with antibiotics since my water had been leaking for over 12 hours.
I called Dh and he rushed to the hospital...we could not believe it that it was time!! The staff were GREAT. So supportive and nice. They did a spinal and that was one of the weirdest feelings ever! at 2:56pm Reilly was born via c/s (I had scheduled a c/s for march 5th due to cervical complications). He weighed in at 7lbs 6oz and measured in at 18 3/4 inches tall. I can't describe the feeling when I first heard him cry. I was crying so hard that I could barely see. I was instantly attached. We stayed at the hospital for 2 nights. Everything went very well. I'm not even in too much pain. So here we are at home and I'm just trying to keep up with the diaper changing and the feeding. I think I have had a total of 10 hours sleep since my water broke :) but he is SO worth it. I have posted some pictures of him and I'm going to post more as they come.

Thank you to all the ladies that have been there for me and helped me thoughout this pregnancy!!

Samii
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
That is such great news! I am glad that everything went smoothly and that you and baby are fine and well!!!!! Good Luck! We are all here if you need anything lol
Helpful - 0
Congrats you did such a good job.  He is so adorable and has the cuties upper lip.  You did it mommy!!  I'm glad everything went so well for you and your family.  I can't help but wonder how they missed that your water broke the first time you went to l&d.  They can usually do a test on the fluid and tell.  

How many weeks/days along were you?  

Congrats again.  He looks so good and healthy!!  7lbs 6oz is a pretty good size baby!!
Helpful - 0
He is precious, congrats!! and thanks for the update :)
Helpful - 0
Thank you. Your little one is very beautiful.
You know,I wonder the same thing. They did the test. It came back negative (the paper did not turn blue). I'm thinking they either missed something or my water breaking afterwards was a big coinsidence. I was 37wks3d.
Helpful - 0
Aw, I remember reading about it that night, I thought it sounded like your water too.  Congrats on baby, what an adorable little bug!  Guess you will be able to use those newborn clothes for a little bit.  Congrats and get a little rest in between!
Helpful - 0
CYW
congrats..that is just soo wonderful..
Helpful - 0
Congrats!!!! Been waiting to hear from you. I thought that was ur water broke (or leaked in ur case) contractions started immediately! I didnt know u could leak water like that and not go into instant labour! ill keep an eye out for that! so my next question is, once ur water starts to leak, do you start to dialate? but u would need contractions for that wouldnt you?! silly question! but anyhoo, take care and i hope nursing is a breeze for you.
Helpful - 0
I had NO contractions what-so-ever. But my water leaked all the way through my c-section. I'm glad I didn't have to endure the pain of contractions. Oh and my OB checked me before my c/s and said that I'm a little dialated but didn't tell me how much.

A far as breastfeeding, it's not going so well. My milk came in very late and by then he got used to drinking formula and does not latch on. It's so frustrating. I can't listen to him cry so I just give up and feed him the bottle :(. I've started pumping my milk though and hoping that he will latch on sooner or later. He is a good baby though and is kinda on schedule already. Not fussy at all :).

I hope everything goes well with you too. You are getting so close.

Samii
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.