Diarrhoea......

My son has had diarrhoea for 2 weeks, we've been to see the doctor 3 times and she has referred him to a paediatrician, we are awaiting an appointment.
It is thought that he may have some sort of food intolerance.

Could anyone who has a child with food intolerances please tell me what their child is allergic to and their symptoms?

Thankyou!

Hayley xx
I don't have a child (yet) but can tell you some very common food intolerances:

1) Wheat/gluten
2) Dairy products
3) nuts

Of course, these are the most common intolerances - any food item could be the culprit.

Typical symptoms of food intolerances can include the following: nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, gas, bloating, constipation.....

Has you son been eating anything different over the last 2 weeks? Even a different brand of cereal, for instance?

In case he does have a food intolerance, you should consider keeping a diary of what/when/amount he eats (and drinks) and when symptoms set-in or get worse etc.  This may help pinpoint the culprit - as well cutting out various things from his diet and seeing if that has any impact on symptoms.
Thankyou!

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community