Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Diarrhoea......

My son has had diarrhoea for 2 weeks, we've been to see the doctor 3 times and she has referred him to a paediatrician, we are awaiting an appointment.
It is thought that he may have some sort of food intolerance.

Could anyone who has a child with food intolerances please tell me what their child is allergic to and their symptoms?

Thankyou!

Hayley xx
2 Responses
I don't have a child (yet) but can tell you some very common food intolerances:

1) Wheat/gluten
2) Dairy products
3) nuts

Of course, these are the most common intolerances - any food item could be the culprit.

Typical symptoms of food intolerances can include the following: nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, gas, bloating, constipation.....

Has you son been eating anything different over the last 2 weeks? Even a different brand of cereal, for instance?

In case he does have a food intolerance, you should consider keeping a diary of what/when/amount he eats (and drinks) and when symptoms set-in or get worse etc.  This may help pinpoint the culprit - as well cutting out various things from his diet and seeing if that has any impact on symptoms.
Thankyou!

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.