Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Discharge

Just wondering... I am 15wks PG and my nipples have been really dried out lately but that isn't the problem today my right boob had a twinge then I flet it and it was wet. Kind of like slimmy wet though not water wet. What the heck could this be? Is it normal?
You could be starting to produce colostrum.  That is very normal.
nursing pads are cheap and do the trick. some brands are better than others..if your nipples start to dry out try using lanolin.
holy cow at 15wks are you joking me do I have to deal with it leaking for then next 25wks... woah!!
dandeelyon is right, u are starting to leak colostrum, which is the first stage of Breast milk, ur baby definetly needs that when he/she is born, it helps to fight bacteria and infection, its the baby's own personal antibiotics, then comes the thin white breastmilk it has the right amount of nutirents the baby needs then after that its the fatty milk, that helps your baby gain the right weight while getting his nutirents and personal antibiotics. good luck to you and i hope you breastfeed, i have done it for 2 and a half years. keep us posted XXXXX
The best thing to use for your leaking is breast pads.  They are just a pad you put in between your bra and shirt and when you are leaking they catch it before it goes through your bra than your shirt!
no u wont have to deal with it EVERYDAY. it will slow down, its ur bodys way of telling u its preparing the milk for your little one when he/she arrives. U may leak every now and then, i only leaked three times for my whole pregnancie, that of coures changed when i had him, i was a heavy nurser and i leaked everyday. Good luck Girl.
Yep thats very normal I had the same thing happen early on and thankfully because my baby was born at 33 weeks and I was able to pump a lot of milk for him while he was in nicu and he surely needed it!
i delivered a week ago - and today is the first day I ahve leaked - can't imagine 25 weeks
by the way - after day 1 - OUR DOC WOULDN"T ALLOW me to give her the colostrum - she had jaundice and he said there is not enough fat in colostrum to absorb the billirubin???
Fascinating, most doctors will advise continuing nursing and add billirubin light therapy to cure the jaundice. Yet again we see that doctors all over have different ways of treating people.

Andi
Sounds like your Doctor is a quack! That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, and a professional told you that.. Find a new doctor!
Your doctor is not a quack!  You may have misunderstood him.  Depending on how much jaundice your baby has, you have to treat it differently.  My DS also had jaundice, to the point of having yellow eyes.  The doctor said just putting him under the light was not enough to get rid of the billirubin.  He needed a lot of fluids and I didn't have enough breastmilk at the time, so I nursed and bottlefed him with formula to supplement.  I am pretty sure that is what your doctor meant.  I have 2 friends that went through the same situation and their doctors said the same thing.  Of course, they want you to breastfeed, but they are also concerned that there is not enough fluids to flush out the billirubin.  My OB had to go through it too with her DS and she said prolonging the jaundice is a lot worse than not nursing.
That is stupid!! I had my son at 34 weeks and The doc said to make sure the baby got my first milk. The colostrum. My baby was in the NICU as well too. He was places under what i called the sun tanning bed because he would sprawl out and act like it was. Yeah he is definently a quack!! GO somewhere esle or a different Doc. I has the same as you and now matter what the mothers milk is best. What a fruit man!!! He needs to have a talk with one of hour docs. I was in a major NICU and there was many pediatricians and doctors and they all reccommend mothers milk best!!! Expecially the colostrum. If you have any ques let me know!!  Having a baby in the NICU is hard. I had an emergency C- Section. Before the baby was born I was 3 almost 4 centimeters and a ob doctor that was new there assisted me. He tried to stretch me cervix a little to get things going. NOW LETME TELL YOU don't ever let them do that!! That is the worst feeling in the world. Well he ripped a bllod vessel and I started bleeding everywhere I told him to get out and requested a new DOC. A female came in and part of my bag was hanging out and she popped it but just the pocket popped nothing else. I felt like daggers were slicing me and blood clots and blood where everywhere. Everytime I had a contraction it wouldn't let up my uterus got tighter and tighter and tighter! That sucked as well. Anyways they rushed me into emergency room and tried to put a  epidural in they tried 7 times and couldn't get in. I wish they would of. I went under and didn't wake up till 5 hours later. Everyone had seen my son except for me. I felt like i failed as a mother. That was the one most thing i wanted to see was to see him come out. AT 34 weeks he was 5lbs and 3 oz and 18inches long. Yeah i know i thing they were screwed up on my dates as well. That kid would of been 10lbs at least at term!!! Anyways let me tell you one thing never go by ultrasounds and lung maturity tests and what they thing sometimes. They said he wouldn't breath on his own Lung maturity test is part of your amniotic fluid and it needs to read over 40 to be mature his was only 4!!! He came out breathing!!!! THey said we will probably have a hard time breast feeding, my breast just about to fall off when he latched on. That is the most wonderful feeling to have that bond with your baby. I could only breast feed for about 2 months because i went from a c 36 to a DD! That is does hurt!!! I got about 4 to 4 1/2 oz out of each breast! but make the lond story short always go with your instincts and mothers milk is there for a reason sometimes a women or a man that had a wife have a baby knows that is how it is. Unless of course something medically is wrong with moms milk or breast then thats not here fault.

Sorry so long it triggered a spark in me that i had to share.
My son is 17 months old and loves the potty!! Hes been potty training since 15 months he like the potty. My cell phone does to appereantly to him. LOL!! Catherine