Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Does Clomid Really Work????

Hey My doctor prescribed me 50 mg of Clomid to take on day 4-8 of my cycle. I had my hormones checked and she said I ovulate on my own, but it's just really scattered and unregular. We should have no other problems getting pregnant other than that.I had surgery a year ago because I was having pain while having sex, and she found a small amt. of endometriosis, but she said my tubes are perfectly clear. We have tried since May and nothing ever happened and my doctor knew we really wanted pregnant, so she went ahead and prescribed it to me. I'm hoping we'll get pregnant this month, but I was wondering how many of you actually got pregnant after only one month of taking clomid. Thanks
i got got my bfp after 3 cycles and increase in my dosage of clomid. I mc but believe it works. I'm 29 and had never ever been pregnant. Good luck lots of baby dust to you.
I got pregnant on my 3rd cycle although it ended in miscarriage also.  I am a firm believer in Clomid.  Good luck.
YES!!!!  I was also on 50 mg of clomid and did get pregnant on my first round of clomid... I took it days 5-9..... and I hate to say it like the other girls, but it ended in m/c at 8 weeks.... I have not been preggo since... (that was 9 mo. ago...)  but I truly believe it works!!!  Hey we all did get preggo from this....so good luck and yes it is possible!!!!
I've never taken clomid myself, but my sister was on it and got pregnant during her second cycle.  Her little boy is turning two this month.  So yes, it does work and I hope it works for you as well!  All the best!
hi my doc gave me clomid this month for 2nd till 6th day of cycle .. i m also scared will it work or not...
I got pregnant on my 3rd cycle of Clomid 100mg days 3-7 and am 19 weeks today.
i got pregnant after first cycle of clomid too and took it days 5-9 and am now 5 to 6 weeks pregnant.  I think it works?  Give it a shot, you have nothing to lose only to gain and it don't hurt you.
Yes it does work.  I took 50mg and got pregnant on the 3rd cycle.  Will be 10 weeks tomorrow.
Thanks for all the replies. It makes me feel better knowing that it helps so many of you get pregnant. I just hope it works for me too. Thanks again!!!
Has there been any study on Clomid and m/c??? I ask this because, alot of women are saying that yes..Clomid works, but almost in the same response, they are saying that they also had miscarriages.  I am seeing a Dr for Clomid as well.  I havent been ordered to take them yet, but we are going through the motions to get me started soon.
Just finished my 3rd month of clomid and NOTHING!!! I was on 50mg and hated my side effects. They were not as bad as some, but i did have the following: chest pimples and some face acne, cellulite appeared on my thighs and HIPS!!-i am an exercise freak and there was nothing i could do to firm this up!! my belly went from being a six pack to very jiggly:( i only gained about 6 pounds but everything just became loose and more exercising was not helping! The thing my husband disliked the most though was my "smell" i emitted a horrible odor for the week after i took the pills-which made it hard for him to touch me-when i was ovulating!!
Other than all this, i got preggers with my first child on birth control! But 2 years later and still trying, nothing-i Guess i will just leave it up to God, i should have known better than to take it into my own hands and paying extra to make something happen that God might not be ready for me to have yet:)
Just makes me that much more grateful for my daughter, seeing how it look slike she will be the only product of my husband and me:)
I was wondering if anyone thinks it could help me?
Im 20 and have been trying for 5yrs[yes i know it sounds bad]
But i have NEVER gotten pregnant and My Husband and I really want a child. He had one in a previous relationship but she moved outta state with his daughter and my doctors keep telling me theres no reason i shouldnt be able to have a child. Does anyone think that Clomid could help?
You're 20yrs old and you've been trying to have a baby for the last 5yrs?  Meaning, you started trying when you were 15yrs?  That is waaay too young to be trying to start to have kids, you're just a kid yourself at that age.
I am very scared, my doctor has just gave me clomid and metformin today but since I had my cycle a week ago I have to wait until my next period to start clomid. Does these medicines really work I WANT A BABY so bad I have been trying for the last 5years....... PRAY 4 ME
Hi suzie I'm 20 years old & I'm on my 3rd cycle trying clomid & really hope this is my last time me & my fiance been trying to get pregnant for 3 years now
My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for a while now! He has 3 to my 0! So my doctor has prescribed 50mg of clomid to us! I start taking my pills in 2 days! Please wish us luck! My husband ha 3 and he cant see them cuz he aint allowed, so me getting pregnant is very important to us! God will bless us! He is amazing!
I have been trying to have a baby for three  years and i am 29 years old. my doctor gave me clomid 50 mg and i only took it once.i heard so many people say that clomid stop them from ovulating.i want to know does this really help you have a baby.
we are not promised tomorrow, i know this is a old post but some people need to watch how they respond to what people say, if you want to start having children have fun trying, and the person that left that comment get a life, if thats what her and her HUSBAND wants to do then thats there business.
Hi my name is becky ,me and my partner have been trying for a baby for the past 7 years now .....2 weeks ago my consultant gave me 50mg of clomid to take 2-6 days of my cyle and also metformin .....i started taking clomid 5 days ago ....and am so scared this will not work is there anything else i can do like eating healther or anything and does clomid actually work?? and info would be good ..
i just started my clomid this month and i know its the last one that i will take cos i"m already carrying my baby ijn
hi i was just wondering if any1 knows if clomid will still work for me? my periods stoped about 2 years ago all my blood test and all other test came back normal except i am not ovulating. my doc gave me 100mg to take and i started without gettn a period as i do not get thm. the day after i had taken all 5 days opf clomid i got a period! will my clomid still work??
iv ben tryin for 9 years iv been put on clomid hope it works :( :( wat do they mean cycle xx
hey iv been tryin for a bby for 4 years now and nothins happened :(  me and my husband really wants a bby and iv got clomid tablets, but havent started takin them yet as scared that they wont work and it will let me dwn.. wat side affect do u get???  and does it work? xx
hi i'm 27 married & bin trying 4 a baby 4 3years i've got pcos :-( i've been taking clomid for 4months i've only got 2 more months left then the docs have told me i'd after pay 4 private fertility treatment. we're both so gutted cus theres no way we cud afford that.. we both work but only on low wages... is any1 in the same boat as me?????????????